Pictures of Key Largo June 16-23 2018

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CuzzA

Wetwork for Hire
Reaction score
Just epic conditions all week. Dove the Spiegel Grove and the Duane. No line needed as there wasn't any current and we had great viz.

Dove French reef which wasn't in the best of shape and dove Molasses twice. Once during the day and once at night. Again just great conditions. No current, great viz.

Here's some screen grabs off my Paralenz.

Spiegel Grove Main Deck
SG1.jpg

Ole' Glory on the SG.
SG0.jpg

I really like this shot from inside the SG. Looks eerie.
SG.jpg

The Duane was great. Like I said, no line needed. So happy I got to dive it.
D0.JPG

Saw one bull shark and one Goliath Grouper. Neither were close enough to make out well in my video.
D1.JPG

I don't normally take selfies, but when I do, I do it at 100 fsw on the Duane. :)
D2.JPG

continued...

Last edited:
Night dive on Molasses.

Turtles kept buzzing us.
N0.jpg

Eels in the cracks.
N1.jpg

N7.jpg

A gang of blue Parrotfish.
N2.jpg

One of two lionfish I saw. You know me, I'da whacked them if I had the tools. I considered my dive knife but thought better of it. The other one was on the Duane and it bolted as soon as it saw me.
N4.jpg

Sleeping nurse shark. Not a great shot.
N5.jpg

And maybe a selfie at night.
N6.jpg

N3.jpg

I like this shot as there's an eye ball watching me.
N8.jpg

continued...

Last edited:
I brought my UV light. My group and the guide were loving me to say the least.

N9.jpg

N10.jpg

Here's some shot of Molasses during the day. Again just great conditions.

Descending on a Reef shark.
MR0.JPG

This tang couldn't get enough of me.
MR.JPG

Neither could this guy.
MR1.JPG

MR4.JPG

Coral looked okay, much better than French Reef, but you could tell Irma was there.
MR3.JPG

A wider shot to show conditions. Just a little bit of particulate in the water.
MR2.JPG

very cool...thanks for sharing these photos.

Awesome pics!!!!

I actually got the Paralenz camera, did you have to turn on a setting to get the depth and temp to come on the screen? Mine is not showing.

Awesome pics!!!!

I actually got the Paralenz camera, did you have to turn on a setting to get the depth and temp to come on the screen? Mine is not showing.

Thanks. What's great is these are just screen grabs from 1080 video. I was having issues with the 2.7k 60fps setting after upgrading to the latest firmware so I decided to shoot in a lower resolution. Had I shot in 4k the screen captures would have looked much better.

Yes. You need to turn "Overlay" ON.

I did the same thing and got some awesome screen grabs of the kids when we were free diving and they turned out great. I like the camera a lot. Thanks on the overlay copy that.

I actually flooded the first one I got on the spiegel grove, I made sure I didn't strip the end cap and made sure they had some grease on them, Paralenz sent me a new camera right away and so far this one has held up well.

Thanks for the info, looking forward to your video.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom