Pictures from Roatan with Oly 5060

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina:
I love the cowfish!

Very beautiful - looks like you have a lot of great memories of your diving. Thanks for the photos and the information on your trip!
I am thinking about getting the 7500 OLY, I believe the new model above 5060 OLY. I love Roatan. Thanks for the post. Kevin :10:

ensenadadiver:
Here's another shot with trevally but this time I didn't Impale :11: It to the Shark. :10:

Thanks marpacifica you made me look up a new word, English is not my first language.

De nada! Sus fotos de los tiburones son espectacular (?). Con permiso, espanol no es me lengua primera. Yo fui (para buceo) a Ensenada muchos anos pasado, cuando una viaje desde San Francisco a Loreto.

Trans: No problem! Your photos of the sharks are spectacular (don't know the spanish word). Please excuse me for spanish is not my first language. I went (for diving) to Ensenada many years ago during a trip from San Francisco to Loreto.

marpacifica:
De nada! Sus fotos de los tiburones son espectacular (?). Con permiso, espanol no es me lengua primera. Yo fui (para buceo) a Ensenada muchos anos pasado, cuando una viaje desde San Francisco a Loreto.

Trans: No problem! Your photos of the sharks are spectacular (don't know the spanish word). Please excuse me for spanish is not my first language. I went (for diving) to Ensenada many years ago during a trip from San Francisco to Loreto.

Hi Marpacifica
Did you go diving in Loreto? I didn't have the opportunity but they say it's great.

I dove Mulege from the shore and have some pictures posted on my page if you want to see them.

Love the cowfish! Looks like an alien from a movie :D .

ensenadadiver:
Hi Marpacifica
Did you go diving in Loreto? I didn't have the opportunity but they say it's great.

I dove Mulege from the shore and have some pictures posted on my page if you want to see them.

Well, our intended destination was Loreto, but we had car problems and had to turn back shortly after leaving Enseneda. We ended up diving near La Bufadora, then made our way back up the Coast and dove in Santa Barbara and Monterey. I had a stopover in Loreto several years ago when I flew Aerocalifornia out of -- dang, forgot the town name, where the Copper Canyon train starts/ends. I've been meaning to get back there ever since and have seen it from the air a few times flying back from Cabo San Lucas. Baja California is one of my favorite places in the world, stark contrasts of light, sand, sea, mountain and life. You're lucky to be so close to all that.

I checked out your website photos and you have a keen eye for color and composition -- great stuff, keep it up.

La Bufadora... dove there several times.. a long time ago... the blow hole.. (didn't dive that)... but there the Garibaldi AREN't protected and boy do they run.. not like Catalina where they swim right up to your face as in Nah-nah-nah....

Also have a friend who is moving down to Loreto, has had a dive shop in town there for several years... 5? and loves it.. there's a direct flight out of LAX daily? or several times a week.. so it opening up...

great pics...

All great shots. I especially love the butt shot of the Cowfish.
That one may be "avatar" material :D
Better yet, put a saddle on it in Photoshop :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom