Pictures from Cozumel August 10-18 2007

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great pix

The extra comments made by the OP and others only make me want to dive with them even more. It is disappointing about the visibility however just the thought of being that close to something that big would be a heck of a rush for me. Suckers and crayfish just don't give me the same rush :rofl3: in Southern Ontario. How long were you actually snorkelling with them?

ScubaSteve001:
The extra comments made by the OP and others only make me want to dive with them even more. It is disappointing about the visibility however just the thought of being that close to something that big would be a heck of a rush for me. Suckers and crayfish just don't give me the same rush :rofl3: in Southern Ontario. How long were you actually snorkelling with them?
The first two encounters where mere "fly bys" before they decided that they wanted to be left alone and submerged.. The 3rd? I cant say that I timed it, nor that my perception of time in that situation where the best most likely..
I was able to swim long enough to be exhausted afterwards and Im not know to be a weak swimmer altho I dont have the stamina of the people who swim with these things every day. Geeze those guides gotta be a lot more fit than some of them look..

The problem is however that the the whaleshark tour season is quite specific and as the owner of the boat I where on at saturday said "This might be the last weekend for the year". Normally I think it was 15th september tho..

ScubaSteve001:

I did it 3 different times.. had to rest in between because I wore myself out each time.. I would be with them for about 10-15 minutes.. but it is constant swimming and since snorkles are so inefficient for breathing you get winded. Its not a casual snorkle.. you're moving pretty good.. about 3 MPH or so.. Oh.. BTW.. It is a HUGE RUSH! Even with the visibility limitations.

Maybe EVEN MORE SO with the visibility limitations, since its basically in your face before you see it :D

Wow!! Great pictures! Makes me want to go back right now :)

Your pictures are great. Thanks for posting and sharing.

Back
Top Bottom