Picture and video editing on iPad

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverGirl82

Registered
Reaction score
I just got an underwater camera and I'm going to try it out for the first time this weekend. I would like to download my images/video to my iPad and do any editing on there. Can anyone suggest a good app for editing photos and videos?

I just got an underwater camera and I'm going to try it out for the first time this weekend. I would like to download my images/video to my iPad and do any editing on there. Can anyone suggest a good app for editing photos and videos?
Lots of luck...I tried this for my Canon 5 D Mark II, and immediately found out that my Ipad was not a computer, and more of a toy. The IPAD could not read a CR2 raw file, it could not read any video format the camera can put out, and IF it could edit a still, I am sure it would be an awfully tiny cell phone sized jpeg.

What you need is a Microsoft Surface Pro.... sized like an IPAD, but a powerful computer at the same time!

Lots of luck...I tried this for my Canon 5 D Mark II, and immediately found out that my Ipad was not a computer, and more of a toy.

What kind of problems did you have? I'm not looking to do anything super fancy. At least not yet anyway. Maybe just cropping or adjusting color if needed.

---------- Post added April 8th, 2013 at 04:57 PM ----------

Or, what programs do you use on your computer to do it? I looked at photoshop today and couldn't believe the prices. And I had no idea there were so many different versions of photoshop. :(

What kind of problems did you have? I'm not looking to do anything super fancy. At least not yet anyway. Maybe just cropping or adjusting color if needed.

---------- Post added April 8th, 2013 at 04:57 PM ----------

Or, what programs do you use on your computer to do it? I looked at photoshop today and couldn't believe the prices. And I had no idea there were so many different versions of photoshop. :(

You don't really need photoshop...Light Room is the program of choice for U/w Photography. Quite a bit cheaper than PS. and much easier to learn. The IPAD only runs bogus programs for kids or pseudo business.... It can do a nice job of a presentation, if you do all the work with a REAL computer, and then convert format and transfer over to the IPAD--lots of work that would have been a non-issue with the surface Pro.

Photoshop (Touch) and iMovie are available for most iPads.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adobe-photoshop-touch/id495716481?mt=8
Apple - Apps - Edit HD movies with iMovie.

IDK anything about either since I don't have an iPad.

Just spent two weeks in Bonaire with a new mini. I can't recommend Pinnacle Studio and Snapseed enough. Pinnacle is much more feature rich than iMovie and easier to use. Snapseed's auto correct does a great job correcting my photography short comings and has some greet features that really make underwater pics pop.

Just spent two weeks in Bonaire with a new mini. I can't recommend Pinnacle Studio and Snapseed enough. Pinnacle is much more feature rich than iMovie and easier to use. Snapseed's auto correct does a great job correcting my photography short comings and has some greet features that really make underwater pics pop.
Are you saying this will import camera raw from a canon or a nikon into an IPAD?

---------- Post added April 8th, 2013 at 08:58 PM ----------

OK, I visited Pinnacle Studio for IPAD 2....Nothing for my original IPAD, but it would seem this might be a workable product for you if you have an IPAD 2...though I would really like to hear from someone running real HD from something like my Canon 5 D through it, if it can actually process a video edit in a reasonable amount of time.... I would be betting it would run many times as long as a normal PC for a 10 minute video.

Thanks. I tried the snapseed and made some adjustments to my avatar photo. Seems to work pretty well. When I have some video I'll try the other one.

I really like Photo Forge 2. I use that and my iPad for vacation pics and I like the balance between ease of use and powerful tools.

I use regularly an iPad 2nd generation to upload RAW images from a Canon S95, it is useful to start deleting pictures that are wrong however it only has 64GB so good for short trips only
In terms of editing it is not worth doing in my opinion however once you have done your screening you can then import into lightroom and will process RAW as it was importing from the original camera
For what concerns editing I do this with a laptop and then can use the ipad as presentation, snapseed is the best program but nowhere near what you can do in lightroom and I would only recommend that for your casual jpeg not for underwater RAW pictures needing work on white balance, sharpening etc

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom