Pics,,,Wreck of the St. Peter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JamieZ

Reaction score
# of dives
Here's a link to my web page where a buddy of mine took some pictures of the St. Peter which is located in a 120ft of water in Lake Ontario about a half hour from Rochester, NY. There's some more info on the page and some links to stories on others web pages. The ugly guy in one of the pics is me. We had excellent vis on the wreck today, at least 80ft. The Lake was really weird today there was no thermocline it was 42f degrees from top to bottom. Which by the way made my 37 min deco obligation quite chilly. I figured I would post them because I'm pretty happy the way they turned out since I beleive its a rarity that Lake Ontario pics come out as good. Yes I have seen better ones but these arent bad. Pics were taken by David Playfair with a Sony Digital something or another camera.
http://www.fortunecity.com/greenfield/healing/57/id26.htm

Thanks for sharing. Those were great pictures.

Chad

and makes me more determined to get in some Great Lakes Wreck diving. Thanks for sharing!

Nice pics. "MNScuba" and I were diving a wreck in Lake Superior last weekend and brought our cameras with but didn't get any pics because the difference in air temp and the 38 degree water caused the lenses on the inside of our housings to fog up. ;-0

cool looking wreck!

GP...if you'll put one or 2 of those dessicant paks in your housing it will absorb the moisture and prevent fogging. 'Course if we're talking a big gap in the temps...maybe you can't avoid it.

Dee once bubbled...

GP...if you'll put one or 2 of those dessicant paks in your housing it will absorb the moisture and prevent fogging. 'Course if we're talking a big gap in the temps...maybe you can't avoid it.
Yeah, that thought did cross my mind and I may give that a try. Another thought is submerging the camera in a bucket of cold water before the dive while gearing up.

Thanks for all the great replies! I've actually added about 6 more pics since I posted. The guy who took the pics had the same problem with fogging but this time he left his camera in the fridge over night then put it in a little soft insulated cooler in the morning on the way to the wreck and he said it worked out great for him as you can see. http://www.fortunecity.com/greenfield/healing/57/id26.htm

GP once bubbled...
Yeah, that thought did cross my mind and I may give that a try. Another thought is submerging the camera in a bucket of cold water before the dive while gearing up.

That would work. I've also soaked a towel in cool water and covered the camera when a camera bucket wasn't available on a boat. I dive in warm water but by the time a camera sits in the sun awhile the temp differences would be about the same.

Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom