Pics from the weekend... Discovery Bay, Jamaica

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great shots, Jamdiver...must feel good to have the baby back home!

Thanks Alcina, Sunball was taken at 1/1600s f7.1...
Think next time i'll try upping it 1/2000s or so and see what the results are :).

About the seafan, Anyway what usually happens when I start my dives I set 1/160s as a baseline.
I seem to have some sort of inbuilt fear :huh: that if I set the shutter speed higher my photos will be too dark.
I know it's digital and I can always delete afterwards and try the shot again immediately....

I have set it at 1/200s or so and gotten dark pictures, but that probably is due to the fact that I was shooting down into crevices or other dark places..

Anyway i'll try your advice and up the shutter speed to 1/320s or 1/400s and see what happens :).

7millimeter, hmmm calaloo patties are a bit new to me, i'll have to search them out :).

O'malley it certainly does :wink:.

Jam -

Only for experiments sake :) I'm in this mode of thinking "I wonder what would happen if I did this next time?" LOL sometimes it works and sometimes not so much :wink:

I wouldn't leave your shutter too high as what you have already seems to be working pretty well! Love to see your photos :D

Awesome pics, Jam! Thanks for sharing!
Great tips too, Alcina!

Happy Diving & Keep Those Bubbles Flowing!

Ed.

Jamdiver:
7millimeter, hmmm calaloo patties are a bit new to me, i'll have to search them out :).

Really? I thought they were a JA thing. Maybe they're unique to the Lovin' Best snack bar at Doctor's Cave! I had calaloo loaf there, too. Yummy!

Regarding the photos (as this is the photo forum), I have to say I am impressed by the texture in the Christmas tree worms images.

Back
Top Bottom