Pics from the weekend... Discovery Bay, Jamaica

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jamdiver

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Spent the weekend doing some dives with friends and was able to shoot quite the bevy of pics...

Overall I think I shot a few keepers, think i'm getting just a bit better at this u/w photography thing, although some shots that I executed well underwater suffer from horrible composition, poor lighting et cetera...

Anyway here we go, comments & critque welcome..

Trumpetfish
IMG_3404-edited.jpg

Another trumpetfish, had an interesting bluish tinge to it..
IMG_3455-edited.jpg

Christmas tree worms
IMG_3409-edited.jpg

IMG_3410-edited.jpg

Sea Fan
IMG_3510-edited.jpg

More sunball attempts, not framed exactly the way I would have wanted..
IMG_3459-edited.jpg

IMG_3538-edited.jpg

Reefscape, love the colors here..
IMG_3424-edited.jpg

Upside down Jellyfish..
IMG_3603-edited.jpg

Sponge + pillar coral..
IMG_3440-edited.jpg

The rest of my gallery can be seen here..
http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showgallery.php/ppuser/37363/cat/500

Jammy,

Nice work! I love to see Jamaica represented with such beautiful photos. My wife and I were in Mo Bay around Christmas and we had a wonderful time there. Let's see some more underwater pics! I also enjoyed the topside images in your gallery.

Nice work - I like the way the light hits the sea fan.

Jamdiver:
Thanks 7millimeter, glad you enjoyed the pics.
Which sites did you dive while you were in Mobay?
JamDiver,

Thanks for posting more pics. I like them!

I dove the Widowmaker Cave Wall, Airport Wall and Sargeant Major Reef. It was our honeymoon, so diving wasn't exactly the first thing on the agenda! :wink:

I had lots of fun snorkeling about, too. I spent hours at Doctor's Cave Beach on the reef patches there in the swimming area. We also went out on one of the trimaran snorkeling things and we hired a glass bottom to take us back to snorkel Sargeant Major on our last morning before flying home.

All in all, a quality time! I miss the $1 Red Stripe and callaloo patties!

Best,

7mm

Looking good. Those sun balls are going to be tough - the first one is pretty good as you've got some rays happening :)

Know what I'd like to see? Go back to that sea fan. Set your shutter higher - something like 1/250 or maybe even more...go for a rich deep blue background. Shoot it into the sun . Turn your camera upside down vertically so the flash is on the bottom. As you may need to be a ways away from the fan, this might be one time you need to UP the flash power - you'll have to shoot, review, adjust here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom