Pics from the Bahamas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JRO

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just got back from a phenominal trip aboard the Nekton Rorqual, I will post a trip report shortly. Here are a few pics...any and all feedback (especially the negative believe it or not) is apprecaited. I'll post more over the next few days.
Grunt?
18818DSC00112-med.JPG

Spanish Hogfish
18818DSC00122-med.JPG

Ever feel like you're being watched.
18818DSC00145-med.JPG

nice!

i think your first pic is a bluestripped grunt, though it could be a french grunt, hard
to say for sure from this angle.

JRO:
Just got back from a phenominal trip aboard the Nekton Rorqual, I will post a trip report shortly. Here are a few pics...any and all feedback (especially the negative believe it or not) is apprecaited. I'll post more over the next few days.

Welcome back.

Get any good video ?

I had an eye opening experience with manual white balance this past month on my trip in Aruba. If you haven't seen the post already, check the archives.

Look forward to reading your report and how the diving/boat compares to the Explorer.

I'm doing my 1st liveaboard in Oct. on the Explorer.

very cool! I love the expression in the first pic! Have you touched the pictures up or is this straight out of the camera?

ronrosa:
Welcome back.

Get any good video ?

I had an eye opening experience with manual white balance this past month on my trip in Aruba. If you haven't seen the post already, check the archives.

Look forward to reading your report and how the diving/boat compares to the Explorer.

I'm doing my 1st liveaboard in Oct. on the Explorer.

Hi Ron,

Got some incredible video on this last trip, I was introduced by one of our newer members (Shroy002) to the wonderful world of "little stuff". In addition to that we visited a place that regularly feeds sharks, so they were out and about in abundance...talk about exhilirating!!!

So are you going on the T&C Explorer or the Saba/Statia run?

MB beat me to the trip report and did a great job of it...

http://www.scubaboard.com/t64373.html

I can't really compare the two boats, I had such a great time on both and would happily repeat either. Although I would need a few weeks to recover from this %$&$^%^ ear infection (worth every ounce of pain though).

I'll post some more pics in the next few days.

Jeff

justleesa:
very cool! I love the expression in the first pic! Have you touched the pictures up or is this straight out of the camera?

Hi Leesa,

Glad you liked it (I always enjoy the great stuff you post, especially the eel from the other day).

These pictures are straight from the camera, no adjustments.

Jeff

That blue grunt looks like a "Schoolmaster" to me...is that just a common name for a "grunt?"

DrSteve:
That blue grunt looks like a "Schoolmaster" to me...is that just a common name for a "grunt?"

hmmmm....no, schoolmasters (the ones i know) are snappers,
not grunts, and they dont' have blue stripes on their face.

blue grunts (and also french) do have these stripes...

JRO:
Hi Ron,

Got some incredible video on this last trip, I was introduced by one of our newer members (Shroy002) to the wonderful world of "little stuff". In addition to that we visited a place that regularly feeds sharks, so they were out and about in abundance...talk about exhilirating!!!

So are you going on the T&C Explorer or the Saba/Statia run?

I'll post some more pics in the next few days.

Jeff

I'm going on the T&C Explorer.

How about posting some video ?

ronrosa:
I'm going on the T&C Explorer.

How about posting some video ?

Same one I went on, you will love it!!! Tell the crew I said hello.

Pack lightly and if you can bring them some current tapes from any of the reality shows they will be thrilled (seems that they are starved for that kind of stuff).

Are you Nitrox certified? If not, do it while you are aboard. It's well worth the time and $$$ to get in all the bottom time they offer.

I would love to post some video, but I haven't the first clue on how to do that. Although I am in negotiations with someone to build a basic homepage.

Take care sir,

Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom