Pics from St. Augustine, Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy:
the pics are at the bottom of this post:

http://scubaboard.com/showpost.php?p=614565&postcount=17

any suggestions, tips, whatever, are always welcomed!

Sounds like quite the day out on the ocean!

Not sure but the first two look like you needed a faster shutter speed - they come up a bit blurry here.

That is a sea cucumber...more light, perhaps getting closer and doing one of those animal parts shots?

Queen Angel looks very much like our "blue angelfish" Pomocanthus semicirculatus! Our here are either pretty mellow and cooperative or simply painful to try to photograph!

Think you did great with the ripper current and lots of floaties! Never an easy combo...especially while feeling sick!

Very nice. Just some fast tweaking of brightness and contrast and adding just a touch of red.

Does your camera let you do manual white balance?

thanks all!

wow, Dee.. i need to get photoshop, that's for sure

oh, and yes... i can do manual white balance. i tried it
topside and the results weren't too promising, though

H2Andy:
oh, and yes... i can do manual white balance. i tried it topside and the results weren't too promising, though

You won't see much of a different topside unles you are indoors and under florescent lights or some other strange lighting. Outside, you don't need to adjust the colors in the natural light spectrum. All that changes underwater.

and alcina's right...it's a Blue Angelfish. Queen's have more yellow and a blue crown.

Lisa....I didn't have time to upload them to the album! :D

hhmm.. i thought it was a queen... look at the forehead, you'll see the blue crown, it's just not easy to spot..

ok... let me go home tonight and look at the other pics to
make sure

Here's a pair of Queens...

aaj.sized.jpg

The solid yellow tail, yellow cheeks and two dark areas on either side of the base of the tail as well as the crown are the biggest ID areas. If yours does have a crown, it could be a Townsend angel which is a hybrid cross between a Blue and a Queen.

wow... very nice pic!

and i think you're right, now that i look at them together.

i do have a "side" pic, so will check that one just to be safe

49.gif

That was quite an experience and great trip report.

I think if you use manual WB on all your non-strobe shots you will see a big difference. They will still need minor adjustments in a software program.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom