pics from Sipadan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for your great pics! :) I am going to Sipadan next week and looking forwarding to diving with schools of Jack fishes as you experienced :)

Yeah....that's better!

I can't decide if he's cute or scarey! :D

Ranger_Diving, have a good time there, I wish I can go back there again right now. The school of jacks were found at Turtle Patch at Sipadan. Try to do some dawn dive as well if you can. We did one at 6am near the Turtle Cavern and there were a school of large bumphead parrotfish, must have been a few hundreds of them at least. Unfortunately those pictures did not come out very well

Dee, the cuttlefish was really weird, when I saw it I could not even tell what it was as it was moving all of its appendages very quickly. First I thought it was some kinds of big seaworm or slug or something. Did not know that it was a cuttlefish until I looked at the pictures in my computer and asked the DM about it.

WOW!!! After my first attempt at underwater photography it really is a humbling experience. I was actually pretty proud of the pictures I took in Fiji until I looked at these! Those pics are truly awesome, it makes me appreciate them so much more having attempted it myself. Your picture of the blue ribbon eel makes mine look like a kindergardner took it! :wink:

Very nice!!!

Dee once bubbled...
Yeah....that's better!

I can't decide if he's cute or scarey! :D

You should see them in the flesh, i was there in Feb and everynight we did a dusk dive to see him and his mate (or vice versa) out hunting. It is only about 3-4inches long, but the colours pulsate up and down the length of the body, white yellow black purple. They dont swim either but walk along on the back of the body and using two of the feelers. I have them on video and they really are awesome

ssra30, thank you for kindly sharing information with us :D
I am VERRRY new to scuba diving and just got my OW certification. :crawl:
Here is a good place to get information about scuba diving bcz a lot of nice people like you are willing to give precious experience. I really enjoy the atmosphere here :D

I will try to give a report after I return with my poor English :p

These are great pics - I'm envious. But I'm going to TObago in 10 days time so I'm hoping to take one or two myself.

And Dee - thanks for the hint about colour variation. I just got Photoshop elements and have had a play with this feature. It is excellent.

Ranger_Diving, if you happen to stay at Smart Dive Resort on Mabul, say hi to Ben for me. I think he is the best DM/dive guide I ever had on a trip. Great eyes too, just tell him what you want to see and usually he will find them.

brizzolatti once bubbled...
...And Dee - thanks for the hint about colour variation. I just got Photoshop elements and have had a play with this feature. It is excellent.

I'm beginning to really like it, too. For several months I used Auto Fix but you know how sometimes all it does is turn everything sort of psycodelic?(sp?) Variations will let you play with it enough to save it....most of the time!

Let me know if you find any good tricks! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom