pics from Sipadan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ssra30

Reaction score
I just got back from Sipadan (a small Malaysian island just off the coast of Borneo). I dove around Siapdan, Mabul and Kapalai islands.
I use Olympus C4040 with Ikelite Housing, Ikelite DS 125 strobe, Inon WAL (UWL-100) and Inon Macro lens (UCL-165).

fbb9422a.jpg

fbb94234.jpg

fbb9422d.jpg

I think I hate you! :whack: :wink:

Great photos! :thumb:

Thanks for all the compliment.
Dee, you should see pictures taken by another guy in my group. He used an Oly C4040 with PT-010 housing, same inon macro lens and nothing else. His pictures were so much better than mine and left me green with envy:gator:
Guess I still have a long way to go.
Anyhow, a few more pics for you!

fbb91618.jpg

fbb9161d.jpg

fbb91620.jpg

What's the last one? A Cuttlefish?

What program are you using? Did you use auto fix on it? There's a bit too much red in the black areas and on the coral behind the Cuttlefish. I've done that.

I'm using PSElements and have just discovered the variations feature. It gives a better result than the auto settings. Try it and let me know what you think.

Dee,
The last pic is the ornate cuttlefish or flamboyant cuttlefish. Got the name from a book and also from the DM. It is supposed to be quite rare and showed up in Sipadan a couple of months of the year. Unfortunately I only saw one, right at the beginning of the check dive. In fact it was the first subject I shot during the trip. I think I misaimed the strobe in every shot :(
Anyhow, thanks for the tip for photoshop, I have a full version of it. Not that I even know how to use most of the features yet.
anyhow, hope this is an improvement.

fbb87b29.jpg

Back
Top Bottom