Pics from Monday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice!

I never encounter the Pipefish. Lucky you.

Gilligan:
I never encounter the Pipefish. Lucky you.
Thanks!
I gotta give you a reason to paddle over here! In 2006, when the ferries arrive....who knows, you might bring your Kayak and gear aboard to come over and dive with us.

Very nice pictures, One day, maybe mine will be as good.

When that inter-island ferry is up and running I can take my pickup truck with my kayaks to any of the islands, except the one I want to dive off which is Ni'ihau.
Although a private island, the diving is said to be what the rest of Hawaii's waters were like 100 years ago.
"Bubbles Below" goes there in the summer months but the boat ride back to Kauai can be in 6 to 8 foot seas or more for 4 plus hours. That's what has stopped me from doing it.

They are saying that the ferry ride from Oahu to Maui or Kauai'i will be about 3 hours and 4 hours to the Big Island, the article didn't say anything abou Molokai or Lanai. Each will hold something like 250 cars / buses and some 900 people...Brah, dem gonna be big buggah's

How big is "Bubbles Below"'s boat? Would the diving be worth the trip?

Lisa,
Not sure on the boat size but it is a 3 tank dive and is pricey at $245. It's not just the dive cost. You have to go to Kauai the day before and have to stay there overnight after the dive as you can't fly. So add the cost of 2 nights in a hotel + a car to get around to the cost of the dive trip.
Bubbles Below wants you to do a dive with them first so they can evaluate your diving skills. So if you can't satisfy them on that verbally, add another dive to the cost.
I have two friends that did it a few years back and they were major seasick on the 4 hour snails pace trip back in major high seas.
It's a lot of bucks for a 3 tank dive but the diving is the best in Hawaii other than going to the Northwest Hawaiian Islands, which are off limits to the general public.
This is their website.

Checked the website....not many pictures of the dive sites, too bad. But it does mention that the boat is only 35'....that's smaller than our dive boat. No wonder they got sick! I guess I'll pass that one for now.
A lady I work with has land in Tonga and is planning to go back in a couple of years. The diving is supposed to be great over there too...got an open invite...wanna come along?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom