Pics from Aquarena

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cruiser

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Here's a few pics I took volunteering at Aquarena a couple of weekends ago.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/scuba.linda/

It was my first time underwater with my camera. Scuba Scouts had just scrubbed the mermaid props so it was kind of murky in the training area. Then I saw a turtle and got excited--didn't know whether to take stills or a movie--and scared him off in the process.

Anyhow, had a great weekend diving there. :D

Nice pictures....I can't operate a camera even on land---lol!

Alan makes a good Dive Model though !

Book him quick before he gets too famous and you can't afford him anymore :eyebrow:

BTW Cruiser... You seem to have a passion for pictures. What sort of camera set up are you using ?

We'll have to snap a good shot of you sometime for you to make a cool Avitar with . Not that Sponge Bob is a bad thing but I bet we can do better !

I had to jump into to Aquarena in order to get a visible picture for my avitar, too.

Somehow a picture of brown muck like in Canyon just doesn't reflect my good side

And yes that is a snorkel, but I'm "supposed to set an example for the students."

Too bad some people just don't learn. I think he may have missed snorkeling 101.
n29613158_33471899_2901.jpg

n29613158_33471900_3179.jpg

Vis. that nice in a Texas lake has got to make a person feel cheap :rofl3:

Personally I love to have great Vis. dispite what I usually tell people but man I sure am glad I usually dive in the muck :wink:

After that everything can only just get better !! :D
I love to take pictures but what the eyes sees and what the camera will capture are two different things . Pictures are often impossable
Good Vis sure does Make the pictures nicer though I have to say that !

I use a Canon PowerShot SD 700 IS and the Canon underwater housing for said camera. It takes good video, too. Hope to get some underwater footage next time I'm diving.

When I'm at Aquarena again (middle of June) I'll get my buddy to take a few pics of me and pick one for my new avatar, although I'm fond of sponge bob :)

CenTexDivin:
And yes that is a snorkel.......

That's a TEXAS-sized uber snorkel.....

cruiser:
That's a TEXAS-sized uber snorkel.....

Sure is. I think I got it back when I was 15 and was trying my best to be a teenage Navy SEAL by getting all black gear. What a fool I was, now I've gotta go out and get some real tree camo gear to complete the set. Anyone know where?:D

Back
Top Bottom