Picked up my new BP/W today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Insta-Gator

☀️ Endless Summer 🌤
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Picked up my new Apeks SS backplate, DR Deluxe Harness QR (LDS ordered the QR trying to do me a favor to make life easier, but I didn't pay extra) and DR 27# wing. Dove in the pool for about two hours. Buoyancy was exactly where I had calculated it to be. I'm very pleased and can't wait to hit some salt water and swim with the fish. :yeahbaby:

Attachments

• Buoyancy Estimate Worksheet.xls
    83 KB · Views: 87
Congratulations. My new wing is on backorder. It is a Oxycheq Mach V from Scuba Toys. Maybe nobody will mention ypur harness has plastic buckles just kidding. :D

Congratulations. My new wing is on backorder. It is a Oxycheq Mach V from Scuba Toys. Maybe nobody will mention ypur harness has plastic buckles just kidding. :D

Yeah, I know, PLASTIC:shocked2:
If I don't like it I can get a standard harness for about $25.00 so no harm, no foul.

I think they are still debating it on your last post. I know I have been. :D

Glad to hear that yu pulled the trigger and got the set up.

You will be happy with the set up you got. And if not you can tweek it a little here and there over time.

And the plastic is fine in my book. I dive the Dive Rite QR harness and find it a nice thing to have when my right shoulder is acting up. Have dove the QR harness for over 200 dives and I'm not dead yet.

Jim Breslin

I think my LDS is starting to consider me 'old' now that I'm a couple of years away form 60. He likes to comment on the changes over the last 20 years (especially the extra 10 to 15 pounds.) But, hey, I'm in good health and plan to dive for many many years to come. I told my wife I need to live closer to the ocean. She agreed and asked when I was planning to win the lotto. :D

Congrats on the new rig. Don't even put a second thought into the plastic buckle debate. I dive the OMS deluxe harness and have had one experience that I was glad I had a shoulder release. Hopefully you'll never need it but if you do it's there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom