Picked up a Scubapro Mk IX and old Sherwood Magnum over the weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I took a look at the SP "time line" on its website to ID a couple of other regs. (It is a shadow of the information that was on the old SP museum site, but I wasn't around for that discussion.) The older stuff had a 20 year run of production, while the new stuff is a one-year production. I wonder what that means for replacement hard parts in the future for the newer stuff (primarily the secondaries). You know they're not going to keep making that stuff given the relatively low numbers of regs produce that would need such parts.

It does seem to be an overwhelming deluge of new regulators but I suspect that. in moat cases, the only really new part is the one with the number on it (and the price tag). That is, as long as you did not fall for something like an X650.

It does seem to be an overwhelming deluge of new regulators but I suspect that. in moat cases, the only really new part is the one with the number on it (and the price tag). That is, as long as you did not fall for something like an X650.

I've recently come into a pretty good assortment of service kits-including the x650, so if anyone is interested, PM me.

I just had mid-90's Sherwood Brut overhauled, destined for pony, and it needed the piston as well. Bubbles Below in Woodinville, WA did the work and had a piston for the reg. Other than that, I know that getting the parts was getting to be a challenge.

Thanks guys. I really like this older Scubapro stuff, but I'm about at the point where I'm going to say "no mas" due to hassle of getting parts. I think I do have a line on some of the s-wing poppets and balance chambers for the BAs and conversions to the 109s, though so I should be good for a while.

If your source on the s-wing doesn't pan out then let me know. I think I have some extra.

I put my 1983 Sherwood octo as the reg on my pony, my magnum is still usable, I picked up Scuba Pro set up for a can't say no price last year.
IMAG0507.jpg.

Back
Top Bottom