Pick up after yourself and others

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With the border closed, the Factory Outlet Mall parking lot has been much cleaner here....

This looks like the boater trash in my local lake, I find a lot of nice stuff mixed in like thousands of $ worth of sunglasses, phones, Apple watches, towels clothing etc. there is a cove where hundreds of boats meet up to blast music and party, they get drunk and “fall” in leaving behind treasure along with the garbage. People are Aholes about trash and water.

This looks like the boater trash in my local lake, I find a lot of nice stuff mixed in like thousands of $ worth of sunglasses, phones, Apple watches, towels clothing etc. there is a cove where hundreds of boats meet up to blast music and party, they get drunk and “fall” in leaving behind treasure along with the garbage. People are Aholes about trash and water.

Not to mention all the dignity and self-respect they left behind.

sucks that many people have come to think that time at the lake or out camping is bringing the party. Many people apparently think it's everybody else who wants to hear their stereo. Desperate for attention, selfies or stereos, look at me! We left the city to escape that. What's great for a while in the country is it is not the city.

Yes, amazing how many people think nothing of littering when it takes no effort not to.

Ironically somebody brought the lake to me today. Apparently somebody's birthday across the street so they parked a DJ on a small trailer in the street while the 3 people in front of the house (yes, thank god only 3) greet drive by well wishers. The radio is broken and making a terrible noise.

I did a clean up dive once at Lake Berryessa.
I can’t remember how many hundred of lbs of trash we removed under the bridge that the kids use to party under, but it was staggering!
One year a digital camera was found with some pretty racy stuff on the memory card.
Another year a pistol was found under the bridge, which was turned over to the local sheriff’s dept.
Turns out it was a key piece of evidence that solved a murder.

In the city, I've witnessed people look around, then put whatever they have in their hands on the ground, even though there's a city trashcan 20 ft away.
I have called people out on that.

Its funny, they don't mind dumping their garbage on the ground but they don't seem to like it when you notice & point it out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom