Physically unable to equalize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Exercises in the second week

To exercises A, B and C add:

D. Exercises with jaw, tongue and palate

Mouth half closed, lower jaw extended forward, the tip of the tongue resting against the lower incisors, tongue out of the mouth as much as possible, do an incomplete swallowing movement stopping during the contraction of the soft palate.

E. Closed mouth exercises

Mouth closed, practice exercises B, C and D, with particular emphasis on exercise B.

Exercises during the third week

Practice all the exercises, but on a fast pace with an emphasis on exercise B, mouth closed.

Exercises during the fourth week

Same exercises, but mouth closed for A, B, C and D - and increase the repetitions for E:

Mouth closed,
  • C, D E five times
  • B ten times
(ptyx: it's confusing in French as well)

Check effectiveness

Twice a week, do the Valsalva maneuver (Blow strongly mouth closed and nose pinched). Then do exercise B, mouth closed, and assess the number of contractions of the palate necessary to remove the impression of fullness in the ear.

ptyx,

Above and beyond the call of duty! Thank you so much for the translation. I'll give the info to my buddy. Your contribution is certainly worth a virtual twelve pack.

Thanks again,

Jason

:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:
:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

ptyx,

About three months ago I was unable to complete my OW dive certification due to ear problems. It has been a very slow healing process and many ENT visits later I continue to have congestion in my e-tubes.
But, I am scheduled to finalize my OW cert in about a month and starting tomorrow morning I am planning to diligently follow the Gymnastics of the Eustachian tube instructions that you translated for all us French illiterates.

I'll keep you updated

Thanks again

JJ

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom