Phuket, Similan, Surin snorkeling spots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maddmike

Registered
Reaction score
Ahoy.

I'm taking my family bareboat chartering in Phuket this December. Since we'll be traveling with the kids (ages 12 & 13), we're looking for places to snorkel instead of scuba. We plan to do a circuit through Phang Nga Bay, down towards Krabi (maybe skipping Phi Phi to avoid crowds, tourists, and age-inappropriate nightlife), then around the west side of Phuket and up to the Similan and Surin islands.

Any recommendations on where to find the best snorkel spots? I've found on-line and guidebooks that show approximate locations for scuba dive sites, but not much detail on snorkeling locations.

Thanks in advance.
Mike

Not that much inappropriate nightlife on Phi Phi. In general: where there is diving there is snorkeling, just closer to shore. And you need a bit more shelter since you're going to be on the surface in stead of submerged. In Phang Nga bay not much snorkeling, visibility sucks, further you'll find sites everywhere.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom