Phuket in april

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

greengels

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
So my father and I are planning on doing a week of diving in April during my spring break. He would like to visit Phuket; I was wondering how conditions were during April and if there was much shore diving to be had. We plan on doing a 2 or 3 day live a board and shore dives the rest of the rest of the time
Thanks in advance for the help

Greetings from Phuket, greengels!
April is a month when the weather can be great or it can be changing. More often than not it's fine, weather-wise. As for shore diving, there's very little; our best dive sites are at neighbouring islands and nearby submerged reefs. So I'd plan on the liveaboard plus local boat diving rather than shore diving.

April is still fine, with maybe at the end of the month the wind changing direction. If that happens the last week or so shorediving will not be possible, but all other diving will still be excellent. And with shore diving options limited anyway, I would not worry too much about that.

Most the diving from Phuket is boat diving, with some limited access to shore dives on the west side of the island. These tend to be shallow reefs and in April the viz may be lower as this is when the wind starts to change. Local boat dives offer much more variety and better conditions. Liveaboards are still running at this time of year both to the North and South.

Back
Top Bottom