Phuket hotel recommendation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lemon

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a hotel in phuket for an overnight stay? Something in the 2000 baht range? Preferably near to town and stuff to do. Doesn't need to be on the beach as I am just transiting to a liveaboard.

Thanks! :)

Hey lemon,

Im in thailand at the moment, just moved to pattaya from phuket. I lived in Patong at a hotel called Bel Aire. I paid 1400 per night, and the hotel is nice. Wasnt too fancy, but the rooms were nice. Have a look there. Its a 5 min walk to the Jalycon shopping mall (not sure of the spelling).

Cheers,
Mood

I've stayed at the Aloha Villa many times. Great place, close to entertainment. Do a google search for aloha villa phuket and you will get more info!

Have fun!!

Just one overnight? Where is your liveaboard departing from (or which boat will you be on and I can look it up)? If you are flying in and all you want to do is rest overnight and relax on a beach to get past some jetlag before diving, AND your LOB is departing from Khao Lak/Taplamu, you might want to stay right up near the airport to save the transit time down to the southern beaches and back north again.

OTOH, if your LOB is departing from Phuket, and specifically from Chalong harbor, you can stay at any of the southern beach towns: Patong, Kata, Karon. From Patong to Chalong is a good 30-minute ride after the mini-van picks you up; Both Kata and Karon are about a 15 minute ride to the pier and there are tons of cheap beds in these two towns. Alternatively you could stay at Chalong itself--many of the people around in the evening are dive pros as many of us live in the area, and it's not a big tourist area except for daytrippers using the pier. If your boat is one of the few that departs from Patong Bay, well, it's all about nightlife in Patong, so if you want to party all night before diving stay somewhere near Bangla Road or Soi Sansabai. If you want to relax, stay elsewhere, such as up on Nanai Road.

Hey Lemon!!

I moved to Phuket in April this year and before I found an apartment I stayed in a place called Cheaprooms for 3 month. Don't judge it by it's name, this a great place. Newly renovated, the staff are really nice and the owner often sits in the lobby to welcome his guests.

It's located in the middle of Patong but on a side street so it's pretty quiet even though it's footsteps away from the night life.

Hope you have a great time while your over here.

Sanna

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom