Phuket Family Vacation 22nd - 28th Dec 06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ShawnJ

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi All and thanks in advance for your help.

We are a family of four flying in from Singapore to Phuket on the 22nd Dec 06 and will be staying around the patong beach area. I am the only diver (OW - Still an amatuer). Though the rest of the family are non-divers they have expressed a wish to try out diving (fun dives).

We will probably be heading to phi phi island on the 2nd day of our trip. I would very much appreciate if anyone will be able to advise me the most cost-effective and service-friendly dive centre in the area (Patong / Phip Phi Island). As it will be a family trip, I hope to not have any obstacles in this trip and to make it as fun as possible.

Would appreciate any advice.

Thanks.

Shawn

Do I understand correctly you're planning to make a daytrip to Phi Phi?

If so, any diving centre on Phuket can help you out, transfers from Patong are included. Take into account, that the diving is not done at one of the main Phi Phi islands, but at Bida Nai and Bida Nok, close to Phi Phi, which offer the best diving of Phi Phi. So if you want to make a daytrip to Phi Phi and admire the island, I would recommend to make it a trip seperate from the diving trip.

Yes we are considering a daytrip to phi phi island. however, We intend to play-it-by-ear and hopefully come across some fantastic deals. Thanks for your advice, I was under the impression that phi phi island could be conquered in one day, diving and non-diving related activities.

I see from your website you are located at kata beach. Maybe you could advise me about your prices and if there are any discounts?

Thanks.

Thanks for your input Steven. If there are other experienced divers out there.. I would very much wish to hear from your experience.

Thanks

Try not to rush it. Phi Phi is a nice outing... and a great base for a family holiday. The island is a lot cleaned up after the tsunami, less backpacker-ish and more family oriented now. A day spent there is short, considering the 2/3 hour ferry ride transfer from Phuket.

As for scuba discovery, you can either do it off Phuket or Phi Phi but the boat trips out of Phi Phi is shorter and the dive sites are just as nice. The Bidak dive sites are great fun... esp for an OW diver like you. If there are quite a few of you and budget is not a problem, you can also consider chartering a boat with a DM for a family outing.

Btw Dec is PEAK tourist season. It is very unlikely you'll find good deals around that time. If you haven't booked your hotels for Christmas, you may not be able to find a room upon arrival in Phi Phi. Good luck.

Traminer, As for now.. we've already got accomodations with a motel at patong. So our base is secured. From here.. we've planned to move out to phi phi island possibly for a day. And other different venues on days to come. As we are there for a holiday, It can't just be all about diving.. Though that would definitely make my day.. But with family.. we've got to have some good family fun. Any other rrecommendations you might have???

all go wakeboarding for the morning at the Cable Ski place, great fun and cheap as well then head up the road another five minuted to spend some time relaxing at the kathu waterfall.

that does sound like an idea smartecosse. I'll search the internet for more information. and if you have any, do share it.

thanks.

the website says that you need to pay to rent the equipment. you do not, both the equipment and instruction is included in the price. If you want to rent the super trendy go faster stuff rather than use the standard equip then they have that as well.

if you go at the weekend get there at 10am when they open as it gets busy early afternoon

http://phuketcableski.com/wake-boards.htm

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom