Phuket Day Trips - What's the shop offer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks everyone for the great advice.

I had originally wanted to do a live-aboard or maybe that overnight phi-phi trip, but since I do get a little motion sickness, I thought I'd just stick to day-trips.

I found the Sea-Bees because of this thread. I liked the pictures of their boats, and the service sounded good. I really liked the idea of keeping my gear locked on their boat for the 3-days, instead of hauling it back to the hotel. I've also grown tired of twinkies as a surface snack, and thought the 'onboard cook' might be a nice change. I also wanted a night dive, and their 'super sunday' trip to phi phi includes one!!!

Thanks again everyone! I'm not sure if I made the best possible choice, but I certainly didn't make a bad choice.

I was in a similar situation last month. Vacation plans had changed, no dive buddy, last minute trip to Phuket. I sat down with Quero, we discussed my skill level and what boats did what dives that suited my abilites and goals. Ended up with 2 days of great diving, wish I'd stayed for more.

I'm going to Phuket in April. I'll have three days for diving, and have been trying to find the right dive shop / daytrip schedule. Diving Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. Hotel in Karon.

All the dive shop web pages seem to have the day trips on the exact same boats, with a few varations.
Should I just pick a dive ship in Karon, so I have someone in person to deal with?

My second, more general question: Which day trip boat?
Hi Jeff,
These are my personal experiences on day diving in Phuket:
1. The dive shop will pick you up from your hotel early in the morning, it then proceed to pick up the rest of the customers whom could be scattered all around the island !!!!! Ditto in return. Very time consuming.
2. The dive sites are miles away so it is a day trip of well over 6-7hrs.
3. Most dive shops in Phuket DO NOT have their own dedicated day boat. ONLY a very few of them have. Therefore they will pool the divers together and put them in ONE big boat. Could explain why most dive shops offer identical itinerary!!!!

Try to find out any dive shop which operate its own boat.
eg. Scuba Cat

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom