photosuiite program

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cableman

Reaction score
I took some pictures the last time I went diving. I had them developed at my local drug store. The problem is that they came out with alot blue. I know that you lose red first, so please don't jump on me about that. My question is: Is there a photosuite program that is good for enhancement if I get a disk the next time?

The best software for image editing is Adobe Photoshop. The only problem with it is the price, which is normally around $350. If this is too much, then I would recommend Photoshop Elements, which does much of what you need from the full photoshop product, but for under $100. The alternative would be something like JASC Paint Shop Pro, which is about the same price as photoshop elements, but IMHO much more versatile.

If you still have the negatives, you can also try taking them to a professional photography shop and have them develop you some prints from them. If you explain that they are underwater photos they can compensate for the colour loss in the printing process.

Hope this helps.

I've heard of people downlowding Photoshop 7 from Kazaa and other "file sharing" softwares. Not the most ethical way of getting the program but most likely the cheapest! Good luck.

If you get the disk instead of the prints then you can use the process by David Kusner that was previously discussed in this forum for adding red back to underwater photos. Of course you will need Photoshop, Photoshop Elements or similar program to do that. I put that process on my PT-010 site under "Adjusting Photos taken without a flash or strobe"

Back
Top Bottom