Photoshop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba65

Contributor
Reaction score
:06: Hi, all i'm asking for a photoshop program for xmas...which one is the good one. I have one now..but, it's the cheapo one...doesn't do much. any suggestions would be great. thanks

I think it's 2.0...hmmm...

Scuba65:
I think it's 2.0...hmmm...
The "good one" is Photoshop CS. Around $600.

There's also Photoshop Elements 3.0, a reduced features version for under $100.

I don't think hubby would like to spend $600 on one...he would laugh at me..plus that $600 we can put towards another trip.

Are you a teacher, taking any classes, have any kids in school? If so you can get the educational version at less than $300. All they require is a student ID card.

If you need a photo tool that will give you all kinds of control over your photography and deliver professional result, get Photoshop CS, its the best and by far the most popular. If you just need to do simple things like get the redeye out or lighten up a picture, Photoshop elements will be adaquate.

SteveB

StevenB:
Are you a teacher, taking any classes, have any kids in school? If so you can get the educational version at less than $300. All they require is a student ID card.

If you need a photo tool that will give you all kinds of control over your photography and deliver professional result, get Photoshop CS, its the best and by far the most popular. If you just need to do simple things like get the redeye out or lighten up a picture, Photoshop elements will be adaquate.

SteveB
I will have to disagree with you that Elements is only good for 'simple things' like red eye removal and to lighten up a picture. You can still do a lot with Elements.
Photoshop CS is a professional's tool. It is a very powerful tool. This inherintly makes it a more complicated tool.
Just my 2c

Yah, agree in that PSE 3.0 is probably more than enough for most users...

I've got so many versions of PS and PScs now, that when I saw PSE2.O I tried it and ordered PSE 3.0 which works for 95% if not 100% (haven't gone through it completely).

For the cost difference get the 3.0, work with it and when you start to realize you need more, you'll be familiar with PS in general and then you can decide if what you needed to do is worth the cost...
Meanwhile you'll have the PSE 3.0 to cover most, if not ALL, you photo needs...

If nothing else download the 30 trial.

Be advised, there is NO FREE Tech support, at least on CS....
I sat on the phone thinking there was, while the Customer Service rep at the phone number pumped me for info, much like a survey, until I had to finally be "rude" and point blank ask,

"Is there Tech FREE support or not, you've just wasted 15 minutes pumping me for info and trying to push me to "PAID" Tech supt ($39 per call)..." to which she replied "No.. maybe a first time user, but at the tech support's decision..."

So just be aware that you might have some problems if you need Tech Support..
CS won't start up without by-passing the Preferences.. the error message is very simple something like "PS encounter an error.." and then closes.. no other information. There's a help file, that starts with by-passing the preferences, installing printer drivers to reformatting your hard drive...
So go figure...
LOL... sorry, didn't mean to go off in a Rant... but it's irritating to say the least...

anyway PSE 3.0 would be my recommendation..

Hope that helps...

Thank you all for all the info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom