photoshop question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

d56nut

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi All,

When we got back from Cozumel in February I downloaded the 30 day free trial of Photoshop 7.0 so that I could "fix" my pics...thanks to Gilligan for posting the thread about how to put the red back into the pics and get some of the blue out! The program is way to expensive for me to actually buy but I enjoyed the free trial. My questions is, can I do the same things in Photoshop Elements 2.0 that I can do in the Photoshop 7.0....particularly the following procedure:

http://pt010.da-kine.info/adjustments.htm

This was really the only thing I did when I used the free trial of 7.0. We are headed back to Cozumel at the end of May and I want to get a program before we leave so that I'm ready when we get back!

Thanks for any suggestions/help!

d56nut:
Hi All,

When we got back from Cozumel in February I downloaded the 30 day free trial of Photoshop 7.0 so that I could "fix" my pics...thanks to Gilligan for posting the thread about how to put the red back into the pics and get some of the blue out! The program is way to expensive for me to actually buy but I enjoyed the free trial. My questions is, can I do the same things in Photoshop Elements 2.0 that I can do in the Photoshop 7.0....particularly the following procedure:

This was really the only thing I did when I used the free trial of 7.0. We are headed back to Cozumel at the end of May and I want to get a program before we leave so that I'm ready when we get back!

I dont own elements but I'm sure you will be able to do something similar. However this procedure I'm pretty sure is very similar to using a Channel Mixer Layer. Check if elements has this and you will be able to adjust like you have been.

I'm pretty sure you can with PS Elements but ask Dee as she uses it. Others on the board use Paintshop Pro which is also capable of doing that process. I have it on my PT-010 site thanks to a contributor.

d56nut:
Hi All,

Of course you can't do everything with Elements that you can with PS v7 but there are some color controls that I think will get you to where you need to be.

If you go to menu ENHACE>ADJUST COLOR> Color Variation this is the down and dirty way to do quick color correction and to see visual thumbnails of what adding and subtracting color will do. You also can affect different ranges in your photos by selecting Highlight, Midtone, Shadows, and Saturation on the left of the thumbnails. There is a slider for how much color is being added as well. I'm guessing you will probably be doing a midtone shift. I find this to be a good tool for people who aren't familiar with color correction using Curves and Levels and Channel Mixer.

You can also use menu ENHANCE>ADJUST COLOR> HUE/SATURATION for doing shifts too.

Hope this helps

You

I don't use the method you're talking about. It's too much manipulation for me. I want to do as little as possible. I won't get into the 'how much is too much' discussion, let's just say I prefer the less is better method.

I do it like Shader describes. Works for me.

Thanks for the info!!! Appreciate all the replies! :wink:

I use Elements too and am happy with the results I get in a few easy steps.The only thing that I use a different software for is when I have very vague pictures. I can turn them into excellet B&W's with Picture It!.

michelle

if you are a student your elligable to purchase PS at a real good discount i think currently PS CS should be around 250 from studentdiscouts.com.

this is how i have gotten all of my software is because i wouldnt ever be able to afford a $1000+ for school, and it has helped greatly

tooth

Scubatooth:
michelle

if you are a student your elligable to purchase PS at a real good discount i think currently PS CS should be around 250 from studentdiscouts.com.

tooth
what kind of a student do you have to be to be elligable for a student discount? I'm going back to school this fall and it might be an option.... :eyebrow:

all i had to do was send them a copy of my student ID, and Drivers License (i think, not sure on the DL) and it was shipped to me

tooth

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom