Photoshop CS3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoosier

Contributor
Reaction score
Another photoshop question....

The new CS3 beta version already came out in the market.

So, it is a good time to buy CS2 or wait for CS3 official version. It isn't cheap SW, so I would like to invest my money more wisely.

Thanks for your expertiese in advance.

There are a few people here using the Beta and since it's free, use that and wait to buy. I haven't tried the Beta yet but I might in the next couple of weeks.

Diver Dennis:
There are a few people here using the Beta and since it's free, use that and wait to buy. I haven't tried the Beta yet but I might in the next couple of weeks.
The beta is "sort of" free. You must have a CS2 serial number to get it. I tried it and decided to wait until the next Beta because this one seemed a little "flakey".

In addition, what is the cheapest price for CS2?

The education version is about $208. Is there any other good place to get CS2?

Could you recommend any good book for a photoshop? I know CS has a help function though. I am more interested in a paper version (old pal)....:wink:

I have CS2 now and have been playing with CS3 Beta. I think it's worth the upgrade price but I don't know what release date is going to be. Rumor says 2nd Qtr but that could be end of June.

Adobe would probably give you CS3 for free if you buy it within 60/90 days of the release of CS3 but you'll need to talk to Adobe to confirm that.

If you get CS2 now and can't get a free updrade the upgrades cost about $190.

If you've never had Photoshop then my recommendation is to buy CS2 and start getting to know the software. Then upgrade to CS4 or whatever it'll be called in about 18 months from now.

Back
Top Bottom