Photos from Wednesday's (10/29) dive on Maui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Both are awesome!!! But I just like those porcupine fish...
Do you have any where they are blown up and displaying their needles?

Beautiful! The snappers remind me of lemon drops. :)

Boney...we don't show photos of puffed puffers. Mainly because it's usually been poked and prodded into puffing and that is considered harassment. Also new divers seeing those photos here may take it as permission to abuse the fish themselves.

Thanks Dee. I agree with your post on harassing the fish. When diving in Fiji the DM would corner the Porcupine's then grab them so they would blow up for the divers to see. I sort of wished something would have come along and cornered him so he would have kinda blown up part of his wetsuit.
:D

Yeah I guess it might encourage some crazy people to stress them out. Although I think it might be possible to do it without physically touching them. Its been a while, but if I recall correctly when I was in Jamaica diving some reefs we saw some puffers and they would puff up even when you got close... no touching or petting.
But I guess you would still be stressing them out at that point too...
I can't believe that people would intentially want to hurt any fish but you're right, it does happen... those ignorant fools!
Eitherway they still look cool!

Thanks for sharing Gilligan.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom