Photos from underwater world, Sentosa, Singapore

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Awesome....
AC Boy:
Yup, right here at Underwater World! If my memory serves me well, I paid about USD75 each for an hour-long session in the tank. Gear's all provided for... well, almost - just gotta bring your mask.

The session started off with some playtime with Gracie (prob abt 15-20 min), and then it was off to the sharks and rays in another part of the aquarium.

If you're interested, you can find out more here

At the risk of being:flame: , I too will strongly suggest people to go out to UnderWater World and spend an hour in the tank. Why?

1) Cause its really fun :monkeydan

2) Cause UnderWater World is short on $$$, and after talking with some of the people who work there, I've been told that doing this actually does directly to supporting Gracie and Fido (the playful leopard shark) and all the other fish in there

3) Garcie is lonely, she was caught in Singapore (or close) waters, and is BORED!

Note: another Dugong has been regularly spotted around Tuas (for those that know where that is), and could possibly one day act as Gracie's playmate :D

Actually have vid of both Gracie and the Shark/Ray tank... will post when I get time.

How can Underwater World is short on funds? Don't they get some money from Sentosa Development Corp? And I think the attraction is a must visit when in Sentosa, so the least they could do is to get full government support to keep the commendable conservation programmes running.

You probably already know this... The oceanarium in Osaka has a whale shark. But I'm not sure if you can dive with it.

F/E

malaysia-islands:
LOL, yes, the visibility is darn good under the protected condition. Hmm, any oceanarium actually offers to show whale sharks eh? I'm there..!

:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom