Photos from Thursday's (10/30) dive on Maui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I would loved to have photographed the other side of This Critter but the presence of a large Moray Eel looming above it prevented me from doing so.
My Favorite Critter was out and about today. It is in his/her honor that I named this patch reef.

Excellent picture of the harlequin shrimp! We have a few in Thailand as well but the most well known pairs in Thailand are over at Richeliue Rock, in a little crevice about 30 odd meters down. I think many divers look out for them and maintain an ample supply of
of starfish in that little cave to make sure the shrimp would not run away :) , I think they are the fattest pair of shrimps I have ever seen.

The Jeweled Anemone Crab is beautiful....but I can't tell which end is up! Could you point out the eyes for me and I'll go from there. :D

As always, the Harlequin shrimp is amazing.

Dee is appears it is the top of the shell with the anemones on it. The crab is on the other side, I guess.

I thought I was losin' it! It has beautiful colors. Sort of reminds me of a decorator crab.

Nice find.

Nice shot Jim!

Those guys are funny. I think they turn their backs (anemone side) towards you for protection. I'm just guessing but I saw one in the open one time and I got a video clip of him spinning in circles as I swam around him trying to shoot his face. It's the funniest video I got.

Heres one with a little more face showing

Ahhhh.....So they are more like hermit crabs than the flatter crabs. Cool!

BTW...Welcome to our pond, Tortuga Rojo!!

Everytime I look at your pics, I keep kicking myself for staying in Arnie's State and not moving to Hawaii!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom