Photos from Sunday's (9/21) dive on Maui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Photo 1
Photo 2
Photo 3
I checked out Splashdown Divers website for the Olympus C5050 settings which I saw posted on this site. I applied them to my C2040 on today's dive. He is using manual modes with a baseline of F4.0 and 1/100 sec. and working from there. His baseline applies with and without a strobe. I do not use a strobe. I have been using the A mode of the A/S/M setting but noticed a marked improvement using the M mode of the A/S/M setting. I am convinced the manual modes are the way to go. Photo 1 is using the zoom. Photos 2 and 3 are using Macro mode. More practice needed.
:shades:

Your pics are great! I too am using Peters settings, and I hope that when I go to Bonaire in 3 weeks, I get some great shots too. The colors in your photos are beautiful!

Aloha indiana*joe,
The script is at this Website
A more computer savy friend of mine customized it for me to use. I uploaded the script to my root directory. It reads each .jpg on mouseover. Each .jpg is on an htm page and I change the data on each page in "html mode" of Front Page to conform to the exif data I extract from the original photo. I also add my own categories such as "location" etc..
My customized script does not read the standard exif data in the .jpg, only what I insert in the htm page. None of it is done in Photoshop. I only use Photoshop to fine tune and/or crop the pics.
Hope this helps.
:shades:

Potters Angels are so cute. The only place I've seen them are in aquariums.

Do you remember your depths on these photos? I've got Peters baseline programed in My Modes but it's gonna be awahile before I check it out. Somehow I don't think it will work in our dim, green water!

As always........thanks!

And great presentation. I just learned a new term, mouseover. It works well on your images, but I sure hate them when they use mouseovers as ads over the search box on Yahoo!

Back
Top Bottom