Photos from Monday's (10/13) dive on Maui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Today's dive was at 80 feet on a patch reef I nicknamed "Harlequin Reef" due to a Harlequin Shrimp residing there.
Photo 1 - Yellowstripe Coris Wrasse (initial stage)
Photo 2 - Raccoon Butterflyfish

I love picture number two, the dull color in the background then that awesome yellow of the fish.

Its a nice change from your usual shots.
Or at least the ones ive seen

Aloha, Gilligan.

I remember boat diving a patch reef somewhere near Clint Eastwood's Maui oceanfront property last year, but forgot the name of it. I think it was called Johnson's reef or some other proper name, after the local diver who found it. The reef had lots of neat stuff like leaf fish and was about 80' x 60' in size surrounded by sand. Ever hear about/dive it? Just curious. And excellent shots, as usual. I have to agree with Dee that I miss the pop-up exposure info, too. Please keep the fotos coming.

marpacifica, if the reef was out of Makena Landing it was likely "Marty's Reef". It is at 60 feet. It is kind of an official name that just about everyone knows about. The founder of it was a guy named Marty who is about 84 or 85 now and dove till he was 79.
I'll put the pop-up with the photo info back. I didn't think anyone paid much attention to it.
:shades:

Yes, that's the name of it. Thanks. I heard the same story about how he dived it until he was about 80 years old. I hope that I can have the same stamina as that guy did.

Hey, I like that second picture.

Oh yeah, I found that little pop-up window a little annoying though. (The one that follows the mouse up and down the page.)

MyKO once bubbled...

Oh yeah, I found that little pop-up window a little annoying though. (The one that follows the mouse up and down the page.)

if you move your mouse all the way to one side, the "pop-up window" will be gone.

steve

Gilligan once bubbled...
Today's dive was at 80 feet on a patch reef I nicknamed "Harlequin Reef" due to a Harlequin Shrimp residing there.

So where are the pictures of the resident Harlequin shrimp? :)
I only ever saw a pair of Harlequin shrimp once. Wish I have a chance to see it again with my current camera setting.

Cool, thanks for sharing the pic. One of these days hopefully I will have a chance to dive there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom