Photos from Friday's (11/7) Maui dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where's the ladder on that little boat? :D Very cool sirfacing shot. Hope you don't mind, I'm using it for my desktop.

You know what? I'm thinking Beast and I need to seriously think about diving in Hawaii. You're showing us fish and things that I thought we'd have to go to micronesia to see. 'Course it IS in the same ocean...

Great shots, L'il Buddy.

Thanks Dee. I'm flattered you are using it for your desktop. You can have the full size pic if you want it.
As for Micronesia versus Hawaii, no comparison in the diving. Everything farther South is way better. Places like Truk Lagoon (Chuuk), Palau, Fiji etc. are world class dive locations. Hawaii is not. I dove Palau and Fiji and it is awesome.
If you head in this direction spend the $$$ on one of those locations if it's strictly a dive trip.
I know that may sound weird as I live in Hawaii.

Very cool picture of the surface. I don't get to see that very often.
I am one of those people that can't look up when scuba dive.
Everytime I try, I get water in my mouth and get dizzy ;-0
I will have to try something like that one of these days!

Gilligan once bubbled...
Thanks Dee. I'm flattered you are using it for your desktop. You can have the full size pic if you want it.
As for Micronesia versus Hawaii, no comparison in the diving. Everything farther South is way better. Places like Truk Lagoon (Chuuk), Palau, Fiji etc. are world class dive locations. Hawaii is not. I dove Palau and Fiji and it is awesome.
If you head in this direction spend the $$$ on one of those locations if it's strictly a dive trip.
I know that may sound weird as I live in Hawaii.

Well you see, I doubt we'll ever spend the money it takes to go to Palau, Fiji, etc. but Hawaii may just be within our scuba budget yet still have some of the same fish and creatures!

Yes, please...I'd love to have the full size pic. Here's my EMAIL, thanks!

ssra....You don't have to look up, just roll over on your back like an otter....now you're lookin' up! :D

Dee once bubbled...

ssra....You don't have to look up, just roll over on your back like an otter....now you're lookin' up! :D

Will try that, somehow that never occured to me before!
Kind of remind me of a time when a friend was trying to show me a lobster or something in a hole. When we got up to the surface, I told her I could not see it. She then said, just hang up side down and stick my head in the hole, I will get a great view of it:eek: Yeah, like I am going to do a headstand underwater and stick my head inside something!

ssra30 once bubbled...
headstand underwater

injamaicaupsidedowns.jpg
injamaicaupsidedowncs.jpg

wave.gif

*Edit* - Added color corrected version...using mandrake's methods.

~Matt Segal

segal3 ain't that a great process! I use it all the time.
:)

segal3, I guess somebody is just plain better than me at acrobatic move and headstand :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom