Photos from Cozumel, Cenotes, and Whale Sharks of Holbox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr. Doug Ebersole

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
My family and I just got back from an outstanding dive trip to Mexico. We spent four days in Cozumel (Cozumel Palace and Dive with Martin) and then three days in Playa Del Carmen (Yukatek Divers) to dive Cenotes and the whale sharks of Holbox. There is a complete trip report on my website, debersole.com, under “NEWS”. Here are a few photos:

cozumel&playadelcarmenjuly2008img_9396a.jpg

cozumel&playadelcarmenjuly2008img_9188a.jpg

cozumel&playadelcarmenjuly2008img_9307a.jpg

cozumel&playadelcarmenjuly2008img_9278a.jpg

cozumel&playadelcarmenjuly2008img_9262a.jpg

cozumel&playadelcarmenjuly2008img_9212a.jpg

cozumel&playadelcarmenjuly2008img_9208a.jpg

cozumel&playadelcarmenjuly2008img_9424a.jpg

cozumel&playadelcarmenjuly2008img_9434a.jpg

cozumel&playadelcarmenjuly2008img_9471a.jpg

cozumel&playadelcarmenjuly2008img_9527a.jpg

cozumel&playadelcarmenjuly2008img_9459a.jpg

Poor visibility for the whale sharks due to all of the plankton, but here’s the best I could do:

cozumel&playadelcarmenjuly2008img_9546a.jpg

cozumel&playadelcarmenjuly2008img_9562a.jpg

cozumel&playadelcarmenjuly2008img_9568a.jpg

cozumel&playadelcarmenjuly2008img_9569a.jpg

Wow, absolutely beautiful. Love that first cave shot!

Nice shots.

What camera and camera set-up did you use?

Terrific Doug. Especially liked the two wide shots, #4 & 5, the Octopus and the Cenote pictures, particularly the first one with the two divers, but the reflections and refraction on the last one are very cool as well.

Oh, whale sharks are SO on my must see list, and it's so frustrating to know that they are so near, and yet I can't imagine myself relinquishing a day of cave diving on the chance of seeing them.

That first cenote picture is fabulous.

Maybe someday we can meet up in Mexico, and do more than the caverns?

Nice photos!

What a fabulous trip Doug! Wonderful photos! I particularly like your cenote photos, and the toadfish was splendid!
++Ken++

debersole -

Many thanks for sharing your pictures. I'm headed to Cancun in mid-August to dive the cenotes and see the whale sharks so your pictures are really getting me excited for my trip.

Not sure my manager will be so happy with you as I daydream the weeks away until my trip.

ScubaSteve001 - thank you for sending me the link to the pics, you are a peach.

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone.

Lynne (TSandM) -- German in Cozumel says hi. I did a cave dive (Aerolito) with him one morning in Cozumel while my family slept in.

Ken -- So the toadfish was "splendid"? Cute! :)

AXL 72 -- I shoot a Canon 40D in an Aquatica housing with dual Sea & Sea YS-125 strobes. For the wide angle shots I used a Tokina 10-17 at 10mm. The macro shots were with a Canon 60mm macro lens.

Back
Top Bottom