Photographer-friendly dive center in Sharm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vkalia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I know that general "who to dive with" questions belong in the travel forum but I thought this would be something photographers can answer better.

I am going to Sharm for 7-10 days in early Feb, and am looking for a dive operator that does small groups and is photographer-friendly (ie, has space on the boat for setting up a housed DSLR, allows me to dive at my own pace, possibly provides private guides, etc).

Any suggestions?

Thx,
Vandit

We just got back from Sharm in Oct and dove with the Camel dive Club and they were good but their boats did not have a rinse tank or place to set up equipment. The only complaint I had about the trip was the incredible number of divers on the same reef. There are always numerous dive groups at the same location. On one dive at the Straits of Tiran we counted 42 dive boats in the area. The diving is good though. Since you are going that far and if your schedule is flexible enough, I would suggest that you spend a couple of days in Cairo seeing the pyramids. The highlight of our Egypt trip (and we spent a week of diving in the Red Sea) was our Cairo adventure. Our family hired a private Egyptian guide to take us to the various sites around Egypt and she was excellent. If you have any questions, email me at jamescrew6@verizon.net

Just my thoughts,

Bill

Cheers, Bill. Email sent.

vkalia, viewed your image galleries, absolutely stunning photos. Great job. BTW, I haven't received your email yet.

Regards,

Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom