Photo taking

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

octopus7:
Hi everyone,
I have a shark diver camera for my diving trip in Grand Cayman. What film should I use- 400 0r 800? Thanks. :camera:

I have no idea what a shark diver camera is. I'd recommend you take both. Shoot the lowest ISO you can. If you are shooting in relatively shallow reefs on a sunny day, you can generally get by with even ISO 200.

Most of my shots in the Keys on reefs up to 45' were done without flash, and the settings generally were ISO 200, 1/100th of a second, and apterues ranged but generally f4-f5.6.

Ron

Howdy and welcome to SB!

I see you were moved to the Photo forum. Can't help you on film, as I wouldn't do cameras until digital got cheaper.

Good to have you here. Click here to PM me if I can help you get started in our various forums.

:bandit_2: don

smiley-linie-010.gif

Thanks Ron. Loved viewing your gallery. Lovely photos, sharp colors, and what a handsome barracuda! So, if I am at 60-70 feet (not sure what level I'll be actually in Grand Cayman), then it seems I'd be better off with 400. The shark diver was a fairly cheap ($45) camera I got at the dive shop that I was told should do okay. When I do upgrade, do you recommend a Cannon?

I've never heard of a $45 camera that would operate at 60 ft. Do you have the brand and model number...?

At any rate, your pics will come out better in the 20 ft dives.

Have a great trip...

Thanks Dandy Don. Well can you answer this one. I tried to post a few photos to gallery in jpg and got a message they were too small. What would I have to do to them?

octopus7:
Thanks Dandy Don. Well can you answer this one. I tried to post a few photos to gallery in jpg and got a message they were too small. What would I have to do to them?
I have had a lot of problems loading onto SB's PG. I got it done, in excess, but it's not very user friendly like Aol's or Yahoo's.

(1) What were the required dimensions given to you when you tried to load? Ensure that your pics meet that requirement.

(2) Put all your pics in a zip file less than 4 MB in size and try loading the whole file. Seems to be the easiest.

When I get back from Cozumel next week:
(a) I'll take all the pics I managed from the trip;
(b) copy that file to have a working file;
(c) divide the pics into multiple folders of less than 4 mb each within that folder;
(d) create zip files within that folder;
(e) load one zip file at a time into a new album - and even that can be tricky;
Finally, delete the working file from my computer.

To upload photos:

Make sure that you file sizes are reasonable. 100kb is a great max size as pretty much everyone can download them - there are still those on dial up :wink:

Make your longest side 640 - 700 pixels...this size displays well on most monitors.

I haven't had any problems uploading single images (you can do four or five with the menu) nor with zip files.

I've noticed that if my connection is not running as normal, or if SB is slow, uploading photo's becomes problematic.

I have not noticed a size limitation on SB (but there very well may be one). I uploaded some rather large files by mistake. I'd have to go look at them to see how large, but I know howarde routinely uploadeds video which tend to be larger than most jpg's.

RonFrank:
I've noticed that if my connection is not running as normal, or if SB is slow, uploading photo's becomes problematic.

I have not noticed a size limitation on SB (but there very well may be one). I uploaded some rather large files by mistake. I'd have to go look at them to see how large, but I know howarde routinely uploadeds video which tend to be larger than most jpg's.
Yeah, but she's getting a message that her's are too small. :confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom