Photo shop....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CS5 and its content aware fill is awesome i have to say

I have CS3 on a MacBook Pro.

I have Elements 4 on a "last gen" PowerBook.

I shoot exclusively in RAW.

The Elements cost me $20 shipped (eBay).

I prefer to use Adobe DNG Converter to download the RAW images from camera to computer.

DNG Converter is Free.

I way prefer to use the $20 Elements. :)

Lightroom is good to archive your photos, and especially when you shoot in RAW,
but the editing is very limited and has no cloning tool for removing backscatter.
GIMP is a excellent freeware similar to Photoshop and will do much more as you demand,
for zero $$$.

Chris
There certainly is a tool to remove backscatter in Lightroom and I would argue that the photo editing in LR is just as robust as in photoshop which really is aimed at creating art not photography. As for GIMP it is fine for what it is but not really optimized for photography either. But it is free and it works mostly. I have lots of trouble getting GIMP to print as well as PS (Lightroom is Photoshop by the way its full name is Photoshop Lightroom).

Bill

bvanant,
maybe i am blind or the german version don't have the clone tool,
but i can't find it.

Explaining me where i can fond it will may accelerate my workflow...

Chris

EDIT: ven a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.... I've found it!
I guess that i am too used to work with Photoshop...

Sorry Guys! Lightroom have a useful clone tool, that makes Lightroom a even better and useful Program!

I'd be keen to know how to remove back scatter in LR, as currently I simply use the 'spot removal' feature, or is there something better?

Lightroom is good to archive your photos, and especially when you shoot in RAW,
but the editing is very limited and has no cloning tool for removing backscatter.
GIMP is a excellent freeware similar to Photoshop and will do much more as you demand,
for zero $$$.

Chris

That't not true. Lightroom 3 does have the spot removal tool in the develop module, which has two options: clone and heal. "Heal" may work better for backscatter.

I use PS12 for my RAW files. For simple edits to JPEGS I often use Roxio Photo Editor, a simple and intuitive program to use that is actually pretty powerful.

Back
Top Bottom