Photo phreaks need to check out this site:

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

detroit diver

Contributor
Reaction score
Wow! What fantastic photos!

thanks for the link

Very cool pictures! I'm ambivalent! I don't know if this site makes me want to give up on underwater photography or go out and do more!

I'll go with more...

crab once bubbled...
Very cool pictures! I'm ambivalent! I don't know if this site makes me want to give up on underwater photography or go out and do more!

I'll go with more...

But then I realized that in order to get those kinds of pictures, they have equipment that cost more than my house!

I prefer to keep at it and prove waht can be done with regular camera gear! :wink:

I prefer to keep at it and prove waht can be done with regular camera gear!

Well said, Dee. I would add that I don't think that one has to travel to the most exotic locations to get good shots. It all depends on how much you can see right in front of you nose.

On the other hand, I have noticed for the last few years that anytime I have one of those, "I just won a 50 billion dollar lottery and I can get anything I want" day dreams that the only things that come to mind are dive related. Is that sick, or what?

Dee once bubbled...

But then I realized that in order to get those kinds of pictures, they have equipment that cost more than my house!

I prefer to keep at it and prove waht can be done with regular camera gear! :wink:

Yeh, they did have some spectacular hardware. I don't shoot diving photos (not yet, anyway), but the stuff looked really nice. They would do one dive for macro shots with one camera and lens, and another dive for "regular shots". Used the same strobe setup for both, just adjusted the angles of fire.

And they were bot diving Draeger rebreathers so the fishies wouldn't be scared!

clive francis once bubbled...
They didn't travel far, mostly Egypt and Norway :wink:

Actually, they've been all over the world. You can see some of these if you dig farther into their site. A lot of stuff is not on their site.

These photos are really superb.
Hmmm, maybe I need a little more practice.

Thanks for the link

paul

Back
Top Bottom