Photo from Thursday's (10/32) dive on Maui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aloha Jim

Your photos are amazing, beautiful composition.
This even has a kind of Spainish look about it.

Gilligan,

Congratulations on your upgrade. Are you keeping the 2020 around as a backup or selling it? I'm looking to upgrade to the 4040 or 4000 too b/c I'm getting a few dead pixels on all my shots now with the 3000.

I was amazed at the size of the Spanish Dancer egg rosettes until I saw my first Spanish Dancer on a recent trip to the Philippines. The thing must have been 8 inches long by 4 inches wide.

Best fishes

marpacifica, I'm gonna hang onto my 2040. Not sure you can still find a 4040 as they quit making them. There are lots of 4000's around, especially refurbs. The 4000 has super macro and the 4040 doesn't for what it's worth. You can't use the built in flash in the "super macro" mode. The 4040 has sound and the 4000 doesn't. There are other differences I'm sure. The 4000 is the stripped down version of the 4040. I paid less for the 4000 refurb than I did for the 2040 refurb back when I bought it. Ain't technology grand! The 4000 will double my pixels which are needed when cropping pics. This 4000 refurb was $279 + shipping/handling. No doubt there are cheaper ones out there. I just got tired of looking. Of course you know all about shipping/handling living outside the 48 states. I always get the feeling I have gotten a lot more "handling" than "shipping". I'm told that's the price I pay for living on an island.
:rolleyes:

So is 10/32 the day right after Halloween just before November 1st? :D

~Matt Segal

Not only do I forget what day of the week it is but I can't type either :D

And I thought it was just Dee questioning my memory and her worrying about hers!! I think it's all of us.

I really enjoy your images and I wish I could take my Ocean Kayak out in the late fall/winter/early spring. It's just too cold on the bottom.
TedJ

See what retirement will do to ya?!? :D

Hey...I'm all for some extra days!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom