Photo from Sunday's (9/7) Dive on Maui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Our water is starting to cool down a bit and I've only got about 7-8 weeks left in my diving season before the water gets way too cold for me. (No...I hate wetsuits. It's not worth it for our mudhole in the winter!) As I was saying.....We've also had to cancel several trips and don't have any planned until next April. That's 8 months away.

With your daily postings of georgeous pictures of fish and creatures I've never seen is very hard on my psyche! And to see in black and white that you dive to see these things every blessed DAY.

Do you see what I'm getting at here? You're killing me....slowly... day by torturous day!

Please don't stop! :eek:ut:

lol Dee. And thanks for posting Giligan. I appreciate that you include the photo info along with the shot. I'm just learning how to use the manual features of my camera and seeing that info helps a lot when it come to setting up the camera for a shot.

Thanks Gilligan for this nice pic. I particularly like the pop up info for the pic. Only internal flash? Very interesting.

:)

Sorry Dee, I don't mean to torture you. The water will start to cool down here also in November. That's why I dive about 3 or 4 times a week now. September and October are probably the best months on Maui as the ocean is at its warmest and there are fewer tourists.
As for the pop-up info on the pics, I am more than happy to share that info as I am still experimenting with my camera on manual settings. I am not familiar with the 3000 and 4000 series or the 5050 model cameras but I have been leaving my internal flash on its max setting of +2.0 and playing with the F stops somewhere between 5.0 and 10.0 , mostly at 5.6 and 8 in the A mode of the A/S/M. I also adjust the exposure between -0.7 to +2.0. I usually take about 10 shots of a subject, each at different increments of the settings, and keep the best one.
:shades:

Gilligan once bubbled...
The water will start to cool down here also in November.

Ahh, great, just when I come for thanksgiving :D...at least it's warmer than when I come in the spring (March/April).

~Matt Segal

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom