Photo annoying or interesting?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mjh

Contributor
Reaction score
Working thru our Lembeh and Bunakan photos and have this wall shot from Bunakan. Is it interesting or does the whip coral make it annoying? A couple of others….

Attachments

• whipwalldiver.jpg
    whipwalldiver.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 219
  • ogpyellowpair3.jpg
    ogpyellowpair3.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 169
  • Pink-Leaf-Fish1.jpg
    Pink-Leaf-Fish1.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 151
It's a great image, especially with the diver in the background. Probably since you mentioned it, the whip does distract the eye, but only in the way that it seems it would have added to the depth of the shot if it extended to the bottom rather than the top of the frame.

I think it adds interest. Visualizing the pic without it... just another photo. Nice shot but that's about it. The others are very good.

Distracting - it doesn't do anything - it just in the way. Now that frog fish is most excellent. :) Thanks for sharing.

I like it, it gives the picture depth and actually draws your eye to the diver. Thanks for sharing!

The whip coral takes my eye out of the picture, so I would say distracting.

Amazing pipe fish! Really hard to see, great find!

Never had the luck of getting a leaf scorpion head on....nice variation!!

I agree, it's not a bad picture but when I imagine the whip coral away the picture becomes great :D

No worries though, the pipefish and paperfish make up for it many times over. Awesome shots!

I vote the whip distracts the eye & the image looks busy. The other two shots are great! They remind me of my own trip to Lembeh & Bunakan this summer. Did we meet?

2nd one is the best;
for the whip coral one it could've been interesting from other angle than the one shot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom