Phoenix conversions!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fishboy, your question, there is no magic single answer. It is a combination of factors and trial and error. Essentially once you have the silicone diaphram and new Titan internals and new LP seat and good pliable cage valves and duckbill it comes down to a method of balancing the IP against the LP seat pressure. There is no single adjustment. I begin by working my IP up after presetting the LP seat nut until the regulator freeflows slightly then back down. Since of course the HP and LP seats are NEW as are all the springs etc from the rebuild kit and the LP diaphram as well you will soon find that the regulator begins to take a set. I readjust again working the IP against the LP seating force until it free flows and back it down a touch. This may repeat several times---several full tank dives in a pool. Each time I work each adjustment until finally I get a stable regulator that behaves the same day to day. Most people quit after the intiial installation of new parts or even mix and match old and new--not good. If I know I may be travellng I may set the IP down a touch like five psi or so off the best no free flow setting.

I tell you this, cage valves have a big influence and the silicones are currently not available. They (silicone) are WAY better than the black rubber versions which are good but the silicones are just fantastic.

Also, you must make sure the horse shoe pivots freely, that the diaphram horse shoe tabs sit square and clean on the horse shoe lever and that the horse shoe lever sits sufficiently high (not to much there fella) so there is not wasted effort and get that duckbill into the center of the main diaphram as well. Make sure the venturi is relatively square to the intake port also.
N

Back
Top Bottom