Philippines - Where to go for one weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Everyone,
thanks for all the feedback so far. Very helpful and I like what I see from Action Divers. Just to answer some questions:

I'm flying in late Thursday night and can fly/drive out early Friday morning. The plan was to stay at an airport hotel if I fly out early the next morning. I'm going to be in Makati and will need to arrive back into Manila/Makati on Sunday evening.

A co-worker is flying to Cebu/Mactan island Friday morning - and that is one reason why I was considering Cebu diving vs other locations.

I'm in a unique position since my company would be covering hotel costs and I will pay for airfair/transport costs above normal req's, and the diving. So, I'm not too worried about having to stay in a budget location.

I also want to add - that although I'm very keen to do the diving - I'm not opposed to going somewhere where I'll have some relaxation as well.

FYI, this is the last week in May - so should I be concerned about weather when selecting the location?

One of the factors you must consider is what to do during your free time. Anilao is more laidback with no night life, while Puerto Galera has a pretty upbeat night life.

I wouldn't be too concerned about the weather in May. It might rain, it might not. Typhoons usually go through that area during the latter part of the year.

if hotel cost is not a problem, stay at atlantis or out of the blue villas in puerto galera or solana bezo in anilao.

This is based purely on experience. I've never been to any of the mentioned locations but was in Mactan, Cebu during the holidays for the first time. All I can say is WOW! Had the time of my life, experienced scuba diving for the first time and got hooked right away. I stayed at the Shangri-La Resort where the hospitality is second to none. Great dive site, good food, world-class spa to name a few. I grew up in Manila and never had a chance to really venture around, but what I experienced there is something I will always cherish.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom