Philippines - Thailand - Indonesia where to go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jklassy

Registered
Reaction score
I could go to any of the above. Currently looking at a liveaboard to Tubbataha. Can anyone tell me how the diving there compares to the Similans? Never been to Indonesia, heard it's great, but there doesn't seem to be much available for last minute Raja Ampat liveaboards, so Thailand or Philippines may be a better option right now.

In the Philippines, I'd be doing the transition trip, Apo Reef, Cuyo Reef and then 4 days Tubbataha. My current flight has me in the Philippines from March 3rd thru the 19th. The liveaboard starts in Batangas on the 8th and ends in Puerto Princesa on the 15th. Any recommendations for diving or non-diving activities and places to stay (prefer something budget - moderate) for before and/or after the liveaboard?

you may join one of the guys diving trips within the time you specified around the philippines. so i suggest you daily check on your post (expect some hi-jack soon though) and see what the guys are planning on those dates and maybe you can adjust your schedule.

warning : PPD ... oh never mind you'll soon find out

Posting in the Philippine section and asking about other countries?!?!?! Hmm, that approaches heiracy! The answer is --- PHILIPPINES, duh....

Posting in the Philippine section and asking about other countries?!?!?! Hmm, that approaches heiracy! The answer is --- PHILIPPINES, duh....

So sorry, but I saw all the posts in the General Asia section referring to it as a black hole and advising people to post in the specific countries, so.... here I am. Surely you've been outside the Philippines and can tell me something to convince me it's the place to be? :)

OK, where in the Philippines? Assume I do Tubbataha. I have about five days before I need to get to Batangas. Where should I go to dive or do other things? Does it make more sense to fly into Manila or Cebu? Then after Tubbataha, I'll have four days before I need to find my way back to Hong Kong. Is there enough on Palawan to keep me busy if I'm not diving or do I need to plan on going something else?

jerkin' ur chain

....keep asking your questions here....lots of info available. If you are short fuse travel the Puerto Galera or Anilao is your best bet.

then why don't you dive in Anilao, Batangas? The Batangas City port, where you will probably board, is just nearby. Home resort of scubaworld (LOB operator) is the Outrigger resort. Stay there and do shore dives or ride a banca and go to the more tougher offshore dive sites.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom