Philippines on December

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Juho

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm visiting Philippines mid-December this year probably coming from Sabah (Sipadan) and looking for a good package deal for scuba diving. I did some research on the dive sites and Malapascua Island Thresher Sharks are definitely on the list. However, considering the season and if I want to get the best out of Philippines scuba diving wise what would be your recommended itinerary? I think I can spend up to 1,5 weeks, maybe 2 in the country and the main interest is water sports (scuba diving, surfing) and otherwise jungle safaris and nature. Not so much interest in staying in big cities. For scuba diving pig pelagics would be most interesting but high level macro is ok as well.

Panglao, Dumaguette, and Moalboal and of course Malapascua. Thats too much to see in a week and half pick two of them. Unfortunately Malapascua Island is on the opposite end of Cebu island from the others

I believe both San Fernando in La Union and Siargao Island offer scuba diving and surfing. The diving in San Fernando is not very good if compare with other places in the country. Never been to Siargao.
Both places are miles from anywhere.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom