Philippines Dive Sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like Dumaguete Apo Island area and also the reefs just off Dumageute , cant remember the names , plenty of fish and nice colourful coral . I stayed at the Atlantis Dive resort and had a great time....mind you I was the only cutomer in the whole place so was treated like king neptune .

If you want to dive around Cebu I was quite surprised how good the vis and sealife was just off mactan island . I fully expected conditions to be terrible but the currents I guess keep things moving . I tried further north of cebu last christmas but was very dissapointed with vis down to about 10feet .

I also like Puerto Galera but sometimes there are too many divers there....

I spent 2 weeks diving in the Philippines in August and IMHO the best sites I dove were Balicasag Island(Black Forest Reef), Cabilao and Pescador island. I have also heard very good reports about Apo Island but unfortunately didn't get the chance to go.

between my boyfriend and me, we've covered a lot of ground in philippine diving. i agree that if you want to see BIG, then go on a Tubbataha liveaboard for hammer heads, mantas, tiger sharks, turtles, etc. but you'll have to fly into puerto princesa for that, and the sanctuary is only open for a few months of the year!

We've always done our diving with Atlantis Beach Resorts (in Puerto Galera and Dumaguete), and they offer these liveaboard trips, as well as day trips to Verde Island (from PG), and Apo, Siquijor, Sumilon, Balicasag islands (from Dumaguete). Coastal dives should also be mentioned as beautiful at both sites! The DuCoMi Pier in Dumaguete is an AMAAAAZING dive site, if you can catch it when there are no boats there. macro buffs will not be disappointed. it's my favorite dive site in Dumaguete because it offers the most diversity in a beautiful setting. there are hard and soft corals, fans, etc. all formed up and down the wooden pilings of the pier!

my advice is to stick with Atlantis. www.atlantishotel.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom