Philippines Aggressor - any other feedback?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kruzifix

New
Reaction score
Hi, does anyone else have pictures of the cabins and the boat of the Philippines Aggressor?
So far I have reached out to the company by email but not gotten any response. All info online is made or paid for by the company, so not really a trusted source. (Only Affiliates with all the same pictures and they all say, it is because the boat is so new...) But it has been running at least one year now with a bunch of guests being able to show more of a reality, right? Please share, if you have been on there... Thanks

You can find at least one negative review on scubaboard. I don't have any personal experience to report.

You can find at least one negative review on scubaboard. I don't have any personal experience to report.
yes, but only girlonfire. nothing else, right?

Now they have one "one male space" and "one female space" available. so we can't book a cabin together. how tough can they make it for customers?
i reached out to a few guests that posted on instagram to get their feedback - that gives more of a proper impression with actual footage available. i encouraged them to write a review here as well.

That usually means all the double cabins are sold and only single cabins remain... Maybe that is making it easier for customers as they can buy a single cabin without asking for a single supplement.

I was on the boat the past November. By Aggressor standards, it's quite nice. Nothing like the nice boats in Indonesia or Maldives, but it's decently large, rooms are decent, the dive operations are well thought out (no giant groups, good dive spot planning, and good guides), staff is good and still learning, given how new the boat is. Food is decent. Unfortunately there aren't any great options in the Philippines, which puts this one high up there if you're looking at Philippines.

Interestingly, I would not have guessed that the boat has only been operating for less than 1 year. It looks like it has at least 5 years of wear and tear. Nothing too bad, but It'll probably need some significant TLC within a couple of years.

edit: Biggest negative is that the beds are terribly hard and lumpy, as are the pillows. Would be such an easy and relatively inexpensive fix that would make it soooo much better.

Hi, does anyone else have pictures of the cabins and the boat of the Philippines Aggressor?
So far I have reached out to the company by email but not gotten any response. All info online is made or paid for by the company, so not really a trusted source. (Only Affiliates with all the same pictures and they all say, it is because the boat is so new...) But it has been running at least one year now with a bunch of guests being able to show more of a reality, right? Please share, if you have been on there... Thanks
I just got off a trip with them. Diving was great but that’s all. Terrible management, bad food, lack of professionalism. Cabins were ok but not what I would expect for such a supposedly new boat - smaller than some cabins on even some non aggressor boats & definitely already showing wear. We had a balcony and a river came in through the door when it rained…. Aggressor leadership has not addressed the issues despite 7 or 8 of us writing letters. Others had similar experiences a year ago with the bad management and bad food & no action from Aggressor: Any New Philippines Aggressor info?. I unfortunately don’t have pics of the cabins (I’d like to forget everything except the diving tbh), but hopefully that helps.

If a liveaboard won't return email inquiries, that's a negative for me. Aggressor has a bad reputation in the industry. The comments by others here are enough to make a no-go decision for me.

My wife and I were on the Aggressor transition trip in June of 2022. I could not say enough about how great of an experience it was at the time. Diving was great, boat and crew were great, and the food was good. I know there has been staff turnover since then, so maybe things have changed, but at the time it was a great experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom