Philippine or Japan ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kenay

New
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello I was diving recently in Cozumel and now i am traveling in a month to Japan, I am planing to do 2 dives in Mikomoto and after 2 days take a fly to Philippines to dive in Malapascua just for one day and then getting back to Japan, some people recently told me that is better stay on Philippines more time that Japan, so right now I dont know what is the best, could any body give me any recommendations and why?
add:
First, I’d like to clarify that I have over 1000 dives because I’m a dive instructor and work in the industry, which means I dive almost every day. My trip to Japan was originally planned as a cultural and culinary journey with no intention of diving. However, once I was in that part of the world, I decided to take the opportunity to explore Mikomoto, which is known for its diving.

Regarding my itinerary, I initially planned to fly to Korea after Japan, but then I chose to change my destination to the Philippines to dive in Malapascua, which is famous for its thresher sharks. The decision to make such a brief trip to the Philippines is a personal choice and doesn’t affect my enjoyment or the planning of my dives.

I appreciate any constructive advice on my itinerary or suggestions for other dive sites I might consider on my trip.

Are you already in Japan?
Be careful.

I would not say Philippines is better than Japan but I do not see any reason to pay a flying visit for one day of diving.
You choice.

Your spamming the forum is obvious...you claim over 1000 dives and are going to fly to the Philippines for one day to dive Malapasque. Right. :nyah::nyah::nyah:

We used to munch fried spam with eggs quite a lot in the old days
but I would go to Japan for the culture and a better class of tourist
and certainly the menu

The OP must have a ton of money to burn as well as his / her own private plane.

No normal person would go to Malapascua for a day!

Perhaps Elon Musk joined SB?

Your spamming the forum is obvious...you claim over 1000 dives and are going to fly to the Philippines for one day to dive Malapasque. Right. :nyah::nyah::nyah:
First, I’d like to clarify that I have over 1000 dives because I’m a dive instructor and work in the industry, which means I dive almost every day. My trip to Japan was originally planned as a cultural and culinary journey with no intention of diving. However, once I was in that part of the world, I decided to take the opportunity to explore Mikomoto, which is known for its diving.

Regarding my itinerary, I initially planned to fly to Korea after Japan, but then I chose to change my destination to the Philippines to dive in Malapascua, which is famous for its thresher sharks. The decision to make such a brief trip to the Philippines is a personal choice and doesn’t affect my enjoyment or the planning of my dives.

I appreciate any constructive advice on my itinerary or suggestions for other dive sites I might consider on my trip.

How many day can you afford to stay in Philippines?
Without knowing your intended duration, it is next to impossible to suggest any alternative to your original plan.
Sardines in Moalboal and whaleshark in Oslob, all within the island of Cebu.

Lots of people have over a thousand dives (and aren't instructors), that's not the issue. The fact you claim an extensive dive history, and don't know Malapasqua is a remote destination that's at least a three day trip at the very minimum for one day of diving, is the issue. It's not like you "fly to the Philippines" and like magic your diving in Malapasqua, it's planes, buses/taxis, and ferrys to get there (and get out)!

Lots of people have over a thousand dives (and aren't instructors), that's not the issue. The fact you claim an extensive dive history, and don't know Malapasqua is a remote destination that's at least a three day trip at the very minimum for one day of diving, is the issue. It's not like you "fly to the Philippines" and like magic your diving in Malapasqua, it's planes, buses/taxis, and ferrys to get there (and get out)!

Since 2014 I have over a thousand dives in Philippines.. Over 800 in Moalboal Mactan and Malapasqua So the OP is going to fly in for a days diving then fly back to Japan, all in a few days to dive thresher sharks at Malapasqua. Good luck with that.

I do not dive everyday. I am not an instructor not even a DM. Just a vacation diver.

Also you can see thresher sharks in Moalboal where the sardines school.

LOL.
In 2002 I first went to Malapascua where many many divers would not had heard about the place. It was NOT that difficult to travel to even by public transport!!! Piece of cake. After Malapascua I went to Moalboal and Dumaguete and all by public transport!!!!

Back
Top Bottom