Phasing out G250HP?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ifukuda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is Scubapro phasing out the G250(HP) series second stage?

I've noticed that the G250HP second stages are no longer listed on the online catalogs of Scubapro's European sites. The G250HP is currently listed on the North/South American, Asian, Australian sites, but will S-Pro phase this reg out globally?

It would be a shame if they did...

There are a few differences between what is sold abroad versus what is sold in the US. For exmple the Mk 18 (a Mk 16 with a swivel for the LP ports) is sold in Europe but not in the US.

The G250HP is still in the 2004 customer catalog and the dealer price list. I have not heard anything about it being discontinued. It is a very good performing workhorse reg and has a loyal following. I suspect as long as the sales are there, the reg will remain in the catalog.

The S600 is however from a mechanical standpoint a downsized G250HP, so the larger G250 could eventually be viewed as redundant.

I haven't heard anything... I know my LDS still has a few hanging around...

Back
Top Bottom