PG off-limits to Anilao resorts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rmorgan

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Is this new? We’ve been advised, “Unfortunately Anilao resorts can no longer dive Puerto Galera. Boats from Batangas are no longer allowed to take any guests into PG waters; either for a transfer or for diving activities. This is because PG is part of a different province all together and all guest going to PG must pass through the official port at Berberabe.” Earth shows Verde Island as part of Batangas, so I’m assuming, pending confirmation, that diving there from Anilao will be fine—but will we be missing enough by omitting PG that we should consider making a separate stop there?

m in PG and they dive Sombrero Island from here. Isn't Sombrero in Anilao? If they let that then why not vice versa?

Maybe politics . . . But I have no idea, yet.

I have an Anilao resort-owner friend who took a group to Verde last week so that still seems to be doable. As for the OP, I'm following to get confirmation.

I have an Anilao resort-owner friend who took a group to Verde last week so that still seems to be doable.
Thanks. That answers my main question.

Is this new? We’ve been advised, “Unfortunately Anilao resorts can no longer dive Puerto Galera. Boats from Batangas are no longer allowed to take any guests into PG waters; either for a transfer or for diving activities. This is because PG is part of a different province all together and all guest going to PG must pass through the official port at Berberabe.” Earth shows Verde Island as part of Batangas, so I’m assuming, pending confirmation, that diving there from Anilao will be fine—but will we be missing enough by omitting PG that we should consider making a separate stop there?
"All guest going to PG must pass through the official port of Berberbe"! This is completely BS.
Bantagas port is the only official port that I am aware of.
Verde Island is out of the jurisdiction from PG.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom