PG Newbie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RainShine

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Guys

My partner and I are planning to go to Puerto Galera in June around the 14th. we haven't booked anything yet but el galleon is high on our list of perspective places to stay/dive with. can anyone offer any advice on how good they are etc, or where the best places are to stay. i'm sure this question has been asked to death but there's so many threads relating to PG that its hard to search through them all!

also is taking public transport to batangas from manila fairly easy? we fly into clark airport at about 4pm and were hoping to spend the night in PG or at least batangas, but will miss the bus-ferry trip organised by si-kat etc that leaves in the morning. we wanted to avoid spending a night in manila so we can spend more time at PG.

Any thoughts is appreciated.
Thanks!:)

If you want to use public transportation system, I suggest you spend one night in Manila, then taking the Si-Kat/Swagman Bus-ferry to PG. It's too difficult to use public transportation to get PG on the same day if your flight arrive Clark at 4pm.
I will go to PG on 23/May, and arrive Manila airport at 9PM, 22/May. I will saty at Swagman Hotel and taking the joint bus-ferry service to PG next morning.
In my opinion, it's easier to find a hotel in Manila than in Batangas.
Last time I visited PG is in April/2007, I arrived Manila airport at 10AM, took the taxi to Jam Bus terminal at 11:30AM. The bus to Bantagas was leaving at 12:10PM (no time table for bus, they depart when the bus full). I got batangas at 2:20PM, the ferry boat to sabang was leaving at 2:40(So lucky). Finally, I got Sabang at 3:40.

hi rain

coming in from clark at 4pm will really have you staying in manila overnight - it's about 2 hours from clark to manila and (i just came from there 2 days ago) and there's some highway construction going on that can easily push travel time +1 hour... hopefully it'll be done by the time you fly in

swagman and lotus garden hotels have busses that leave for PG in the mornings

alternately you can take the public bus at the BUENDIA/ TAFT stations (there's a lot of terminals situated in that major intersection) - take the ones going to "Batangas Pier" via "CALABARZON" (it's a faster trip)

i would recommend batangas star express or (crap i forgot the name) RJC i think... it's got a huge yellow stripe on the side and is across from the JAM transit terminal... i wouldn't recommend JAM transit unless you guys happen to stand 5' or less

public busses to Bat Pier leave roughly every 40 minutes

Jag

Try this... http://www.outoftheblue-villas.com/about.htm

Action Divers can arrange transportation for a very reasonable price. We have all the Villas rented until the 12th so they should be wide open for you.

I usually stay at Atlantis... http://www.atlantishotel.com/

They can arrange private transportation for you any time, day or night. Excellent dive staff and facilities and the food is amazing.

hahahahahaha thanks dennis for subtly answering rain's 1st part of the question.

FWIW, i've stayed in el galleon before (but wasn't a diver then) and only have very good things to say about them... comfortable and friendly, good food... the point bar is one of the best places on earth to drown your dive day away in preparation for another one hehehehehehehe

Jag

I'm familar with the bus station in Pasay for Partas, but where are the 'other bus stations' you mention in that area?
Considering I may arrive at 1PM Manila time, by the time I get customs and bags could be close to 2PM before I leave, I might be better just taking a taxi to the Batangas Pier. Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm guessing after a little 'haggling' I could get a taxi for around P 2,000 pesos to the pier (just a guess). I'm just trying to avoid a night in Manila ( I will get into too much trouble:blinking: ), much rather get to PG and have a cold beer and be close to diving.

Any thoughts would be great, when does the last public boat leave from Bat. pier to PG?

Considering it's 2 hrs from Clark to Manila and that you'd be hitting Manila right around rush hour, I'd say stay the night over in Manila and get a early start the next morning as some have suggested. Otherwise I'd be worried you might be spending 5 plus hrs in a car/bus just to get from Clark to Batangas...

if you don't mind spending $$$ (US$350 for 3 passengers) go to Subic from Clark & seaplane down to PG!
I always stay @ EG and dive with Asia divers, going there again end/May. V. good service (hot towel & dry towels & hot shower after each diving!), V reasonable Nitrox. & small group / boat.

but one warning with the seaplane, if you have 3 passengers, you're lucky if you can bring a long a toilet kit as the pilot will restrict the amount of luggage you can bring... And its not in your best interest to lie about your weight... :wink:

edit: Oh nevermind, I forgot Larry was on our flight, thus drastically limiting the amount of luggage we could take... j/k

2k would be alright.

last trip to Sabang is at 4pm (sometimes 4:30).

tboxcar:
Any thoughts would be great, when does the last public boat leave from Bat. pier to PG?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom